PDA

View Full Version : PS2 app? any word?

RSphil
2012-12-11, 04:09 PM
seems to have been a while since we heard anything about the app. is there any new news about? i want for both android and apple :(

Hamma
2012-12-11, 04:13 PM
No news recently - it won't be until the API goes public (Same for the Players site) and it's not ready for prime time yet. Just ask Gryphon! :P

AnamNantom
2012-12-11, 04:24 PM
I used to approve client code that accessed API's the company I worked for had. It was all xml based via (usually PHP) and polled the massive database of constantly updating data.

I hope they have programmers updating end users on any updates to it. I found, in a support and consultative role, it was very important that I kept abreast of what the programmers did as they sometimes forgot to update any notes on the version control.

SGOniell
2012-12-11, 04:56 PM
I used to approve client code that accessed API's the company I worked for had. It was all xml based via (usually PHP) and polled the massive database of constantly updating data.

I hope they have programmers updating end users on any updates to it. I found, in a support and consultative role, it was very important that I kept abreast of what the programmers did as they sometimes forgot to update any notes on the version control.

Not entirely sure what that all means, but when I was working with matlab for engineering calculations and such it was important to have non-global variables so they'd only execute in their specific loops. Was interesting when someone declared a persistent global variable...could muck stuff up easily. Allowed us to mostly ignore what people did rather than having to follow them.