PDA

View Full Version : The most annoying thing about Planetside 2!

Miffy
2012-12-11, 05:02 PM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z189/slannmage/clip1.gif

The problem is you cannot throw them from your left hand, so you always have to throw them from the left hand side of the doorway. Also where are the Grenade physics? It is so hard to judge where they're going to go, they seem rather random. Do they ever leave your hand? Cause it always looks like they vanish from your hand and end up somewhere else lol.

Figment
2012-12-11, 05:07 PM
Rocket Launcher, when you think you got a small angle to fire at a tank through a doorshield... :p

SGOniell
2012-12-11, 05:08 PM
I hate grenades

Crator
2012-12-11, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I either strafe in front of obstruction quickly and throw at the same time or bounce it off the door frame just right. Depends where you want it to go. It is an art form. Don't lag while doing it either. :)

I once threw a nade into a spawn room from like 10 feet away, right after we captured the base. Got it in the hole without issue and was surprised. Got a few kills from that one. :)

bpostal
2012-12-11, 05:36 PM
There are many TR on Miller who can attest that I can not throw grenades very well. I feel your pain.

Timealude
2012-12-11, 05:50 PM
You know, the people they used for the DNA database could have all been right handed :D.

Qwan
2012-12-12, 06:07 AM
I think that the VS grenade is covered in to much rubber, its like there :doh:, they always seem to bounce back or in the wrong damn direction. Ive pretty much decided to use them as little as possible.

Babyfark McGeez
2012-12-12, 07:26 AM
The grenades are very bouncy and seem to roll endlessly, but their destination can somewhat be predicted and you can do some crazy basketball moves (or better, squash moves) with them.

Just treat them like tennis-/basket-/squash-balls. :cool:

belch
2012-12-12, 08:10 AM
Agreed, 'nade chucking in PS2 is by far the worst of any shooter I have played. The only time I use them anymore is if I have a lot of clearance on my right side and overhead...as evidently my highly trained, steely eyed TR sturmtruppen throws with the strength of a 5 year old girl. :doh:

My heartfelt apologies to the teamies I've fragged while bouncing grenades off of doorframes, pylons and support pillars lol.

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 08:18 AM
"nade chucking" now is a lot better than it was in beta haha. In beta it would appear that you threw the nade, but still blow up at your feet.. killing you and friendlies around you. I am sure they will improve it more in the future.

Babyfark McGeez
2012-12-12, 08:28 AM
Ooooh, the infamous suicidal grenades, sometimes i had twice as many suicides as actual kills or deaths.
I'm glad they managed to solve that one, drove me nuts during beta.

Unfortunately they also ditched the certs for grenades, i loved instant throwing with "pitcher". :D

ShadetheDruid
2012-12-12, 08:30 AM
Oh man, beta grenades. :cry: I think I killed myself more times than I did enemies. Even worse was I kept telling myself "ok, not using grenades anymore, sick of this".. 5 minutes later, there I am again, asploding myself.

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 08:39 AM
Oh man, beta grenades. :cry: I think I killed myself more times than I did enemies. Even worse was I kept telling myself "ok, not using grenades anymore, sick of this".. 5 minutes later, there I am again, asploding myself.

That was totally me too. I would routinely try them out.. knowing full well I will probably kill myself and possibly get weapon locked (back then weapon lock was also very easy to get).. but the urge to throw a nade was too much... It was like I had alzheimer's every 5-10 minutes haha.

Rat
2012-12-12, 10:29 AM
would love to see the left handed throw like a girl animation:)

MrBloodworth
2012-12-12, 10:55 AM
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z189/slannmage/clip1.gif

The problem is you cannot throw them from your left hand, so you always have to throw them from the left hand side of the doorway. Also where are the Grenade physics? It is so hard to judge where they're going to go, they seem rather random. Do they ever leave your hand? Cause it always looks like they vanish from your hand and end up somewhere else lol.

Um. The grenade is thrown from your left hand, not from your face like many FPS games. And the physics? You just witnessed it as it bounced off the door frame.

ChipMHazard
2012-12-12, 11:46 AM
I've always hated the grenade physics in PS2, they are like unpredictable rubber balls of death.

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 11:47 AM
Um. The grenade is thrown from your left hand, not from your face like many FPS games. And the physics? You just witnessed it as it bounced off the door frame.

Look at the health bar/shield bar. Hold up your arm on that side of your body and try to make a L shape with your thumb and pointer finger... notice how that is backwards. Now try it on the other arm... now the L is the correct way.. that sir.. is your left arm. Grenades are thrown from your Right hand.

That really isn't an issue to me though.. most games throw from the right hand and aren't ambidextrous.