PDA

View Full Version : News: PlanetSide 2 GU1 Notes

Bear
2012-12-12, 07:30 AM
Who doesn't like some patch notes?

All servers will come down at 6 AM PT for Game Update 1. Downtime is anticipated to be less than two hours. Players may notice the following changes.

General:

Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash! Check the Depot under Vehicle Gear.
New weaponry is currently being issued to all three empires. If you are looking for a new light machine gun or assault rifle, head to the Depot and check them out.
A number of changes have been made to Vehicle and Aircraft weaponry. Please see the Vehicle notes below.
Fixed a few crash bugs and provided some optimizations to improve gameplay.
Players may now make multiple characters on the same server.

Notable Bugfixes:

The NS-11 Platinum should now properly unlock medals.
The Facebook Promotional Weapons should now properly unlock medals.
Players should no longer be able to spot enemies without a line of sight.
The Gauss Compact S will now provide players the ability to aim down sights and strafe more accurately.
Destroying enemy terminals will no longer provide a Kill stat.
The Light Assault Jumpjet will no longer break if you run into terrain while in flight.
When holding down push to talk it should no longer become "stuck" when released.
The NS-11 will now have a sound indicating it is being reloaded.
Spawning a vehicle in the warpgate will no longer cause players to fall through the world.
The TX2 Emperor should now provide the correct damage level to targets.

Vehicles:

The tail gun on the Liberator is now located on the back of the tail wing and not underneath it. This provides a greater coverage for all tail gun variants.

Aircraft and Phalanx Turret resistance to the following weapons has been reduced:
M40 Fury
C75 Viper
L105 Zephyr
G30 Vulcan
M60 Bulldog
Personal Defense Weapons (on light aircraft only)
Sunderer resistance to heavy machine guns has been increased.
All Flak damage has been increased by 5%.
The Composite Armor tooltip has been adjusted to be more accurate.

Infantry Weaponry:

New Weapons:

The NS Decimator rocket launcher is now available to all empires.

Terran Republic:
The TAR will provide the best hip fire of this empires assault rifles.
The T32 Bull will provide an adaptable solution to long or short range combat but has a slow reload.

New Conglomerate:
The Carnage BR is now available. This medium-fast fire rate assault rifle has good hip fire and range limiting recoil.
The Anchor light machine gunprovided good mobility and a 45 round magazine.

Vanu Sovereignty:
The Corvus assault rifle has a slow rate of fire but compensates with deadly accuracy.
The Ursa light machine gun will provide a slightly lower rate of fire but extreme accurate fire.

General Weaponry:

Tank mines can now once again be deployed by throwing them reverting the change made last week.
Lock on Rocket Launchers will no longer fire without a lock on.
Extended ammunition attachments will no longer provide more ammunition capability than intended. They all will now provide 4 more rounds.
A small increase in movement accuracy with iron sights was made on on slower assault rifles, carbines, and light machine guns.
A small decrease in movement accuracy was made with the 40 round assault rifles and carbines.
The NC Gauss and Gauss S now have increased projectile speed.
The Cycler TRV now has reduced hip fire accuracy.
The Razor GD-23 now has reduced recoil for the first shot.
The TR CARV and CARV S now have increased equip time.
The LA80 projectile speed has been reduced to put it in line with the other empire sniper rifles.

Vehicle Weaponry:

Aircraft:

M20 Drake: Previously the M20 Basilisk, this weapon has increased top end damage. It also has a longer range before damage fall off occurs.

M60-A Bulldog: Previously the M60 Bulldog, this aircraft weapon has had the following changes:

Magazine size has been reduced from 10 to 6.
Magazine size certifications now 1 round per rank increase.
Projectile speed has been increased
Direct hit damage has been increased
Splash damage will no longer damage heavy armor.
The M60-A has a faster projectile than its ground based variant the M-60G.

A30 Walker: This is now the air variant of the Walker weapon system.

The reticule and first person tracer have been changed to make them easier to see.
Projectile speed is slower but drop has been reduced.
Damage has been increased overall.

Light Aircraft Rocketpods:

Blast radius in which maximum damage occurs has been reduced. This does not change the size of the blast radius.
Damage against Sunderers and Aircraft have been reduced.
Significantly reduced damage against Phalanx turrets.

Liberator AP30 Shredder:

Damage has been increased at close ranges.
Magazine size has been increased to 50.

Reaver Air Hammer:

The projectile spread has been tightened up.
Damage per projectile has been increased.
Damage fall off will occur at a further distance.

Ground Weaponry:

The Lightning Skyguard Turret has increased projectile speed and it's reticule has been adjusted to use the Terran Republic Burster MAX reticule.

C75 Viper:

Direct hit damage increased
Increased maximum blast radius damage

M40 Fury:

Reduced damage against heavy armor.
Upped direct hit damage and blast damage.

Anti-Personnel Phalanx Turret:

Cone of Fire tightened up a bit
Slight adjustments to heat. Will cool off a bit faster and take a little bit longer to overheat.
Pushed out range where projectiles start to lose damage significantly.

World:

The main shields at Tech Plants are now operated by two generators in the outlying buildings. These shields now have icons that display the status of the generators.
Frosbite Harbor Spawn Room now has a pain field.
The grav pads at the Dahaka Amp Station western forward spawn are now functional.
Players are no longer able to spawn at Sungrey Amp Station when the SCU has been destroyed.
Enemy projectiles will no longer go through the Biolab Gate Shields.
Players still in a vehicle once the pilot has logged off will no longer disconnect.
The Phalanx Turret has increased projectile speed and it's reticule has been adjusted to use the MAX burster reticule.

UI:

The Regen benefit of a Biolab will now display on the Tab scoreboard.
All Heavy Assault ability items are now using unique icons.
Platoons should now longer state they are “full” when all squads have squad leaders and there is still room for more members.
SAS-R and Impetus optics will now display a description when hovering over with a mouse.
The TS4 Haymaker and FA1 Barrage now have a tooltip when mousing over the progress bar.
Moving a player to another squad will no longer boot them from a Squad/Platoon locked vehicle.
Players removed from a Squad or Platoon channel will no longer be able to use that channel.
Unoccupied Phalanx Turrets should now display “Press [E] to Enter” messaging.

Visual:

The NS-11 Platinum and Ns-11A rifles are no longer the same color.
The Sunderer Smoke Screen will no longer hide decals.
Lightning Hood Ornaments will no longer be placed on top of decals.
New Conglomerate African Forest Weapon Camo no longer displays Vanu Sovereignty coloring.
A MAX unit will no longer appear to float while descending on a Grav Pad.
Purchased Weapon Camo will no longer be cleared when a weapon trial ends.
The Engineering Repair tool is now black.
Main Battle Tank and Lightning armor should no longer cover decals.
The Lasher magazine will now reload and no longer “floats” if the player is sprinting.
The NC Gauss Compact S Underbarrel weapons will now show a reloading animation correctly.
A player will no longer siplay headless and frozen in a riding pose when killed on a Quad.

The biggest change has to be "the main shields at Tech Plants are now operated by two generators in the outlying buildings." Apparently SOE wasn't all that fond of the mega meat grinder that tech plants had become. This is a great change because it will force the defending faction to defend the entire base and not just a few doorways.

Beerbeer
2012-12-12, 07:37 AM
What the hell, nerfed turrets? Like we really need less defense mechanisms.

ShadetheDruid
2012-12-12, 07:38 AM
Spawning a vehicle in the warpgate will no longer cause players to fall through the world.

I think my joy gland just exploded.

Beerbeer
2012-12-12, 07:40 AM
I liked the tech plants. Now it goes back to vehicle camping.

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 07:42 AM
Flashes and Sunderers have horns... ugh.. now we have new forms of trolling besides just blasting stupid crap over proximity channel.

Some decent fixes in there. We will have to see how it plays out with the AA changes.

Beerbeer
2012-12-12, 07:45 AM
We can make multiple characters per server? That's not good IMO.

Juryrig
2012-12-12, 07:47 AM
What the hell, nerfed turrets? Like we really need less defense mechanisms.

I thought that - however, lower down it notes that A2G rocketpods now do significantly less damage to phalanx turrets.

Looks like a lot of tweaks in there, be interesting to see if/how they change things.

Also, hurrah!! My Engie gun is now black!!! Given the certs I've sunk into it so far it should be flippin gold plated....

Juryrig
2012-12-12, 07:49 AM

What's your worry? Makes it easier to farm alts?

I'd have preferred to see server transfers myself - as people who want multiple characters may well already have them, but on different servers.....

Beerbeer
2012-12-12, 07:49 AM
Tech plant changes suck IMO. Those battles were epic as far as I was concerned, regardless if I was attacking or defending.

SlotJockey
2012-12-12, 07:52 AM
The jump jet issue is great news....

Dkamanus
2012-12-12, 07:52 AM
Decent changes. Not THE patch, but it adds up to the game. Those stupid Meatgrinders will finally stop at tech plants. Just hope that gate diffusers aren't useless thanks to that now.

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 07:54 AM
Decent changes. Not THE patch, but it adds up to the game. Those stupid Meatgrinders will finally stop at tech plants. Just hope that gate diffusers aren't useless thanks to that now.

Other bases had gates already. So no I don't think it made them useless.

Bear
2012-12-12, 07:55 AM

I really don't see this being that big of a deal. The game is free so if someone wants multiple characters all they need is a different account.

Mavvvy
2012-12-12, 08:10 AM
I wad kinda expecting/hoping rendering distance would be addressed in some form :(. Other then that seems overall good.

Hmr85
2012-12-12, 08:45 AM
I am so pissed off about the changes to the Tech plant. I personally really enjoyed the fights to get in and down the generator. I feel like the cert points I dumped into the sundy to bypass the shields on the back side of the tech plant are now useless. Great job SOE on screwing this one up imo.

Beerbeer
2012-12-12, 08:53 AM
Agree, battles like the tech plants were a saving grace. Now it's really just vehicle camping everything and base trading empty bases.

Sturmhardt
2012-12-12, 09:02 AM
Yup... I liked the general tone of the fights in tech plants too. It wasn't perfect but now they just gave us less variety.

Oroshi
2012-12-12, 09:18 AM
I am so pissed off about the changes to the Tech plant. I personally really enjoyed the fights to get in and down the generator. I feel like the cert points I dumped into the sundy to bypass the shields on the back side of the tech plant are now useless. Great job SOE on screwing this one up imo.

I'm with you on this one, my outfit had it down to an art, and we enjoyed these fights. Now Tech Plants will suck with the shields in external buildings, and no other defenses at least Amp stations have walls.

Crator
2012-12-12, 09:19 AM

Good news is, they will revert changes if need be. For example they reverted the following change which they put in last week:

General Weaponry:

Tank mines can now once again be deployed by throwing them reverting the change made last week.

Hmr85
2012-12-12, 09:20 AM
Good news is, they will revert changes if need be. For example they reverted the following change which they put in last week:

We can only hope that they do.

Calisai
2012-12-12, 09:22 AM
Yup... I liked the general tone of the fights in tech plants too. It wasn't perfect but now they just gave us less variety.

Agreed.. I mean a good max crash or sundy shield buster in the back end of a tech base would break those stalemates. It just required a little teamwork... (OMG, NOT TEAMWORK!?!?!)

It's also one of the few pure infantry fights still out there, gotta give those grunts some love beyond the bio-labs. The fights are very vehicle-based right now and there should be some fights for grunts only.

(My guess is this is more of an attempt to help performance by thinning out the crowd... the rendering was definitely taking a major hit during those fights... than a real want to stop that kind of fight)

Assist
2012-12-12, 09:22 AM
LOVE the changes to the tech plants. Going to force so many baddies who just spam rockets/grenades/doorways to actually play the game now.
No more seeing NC with 42% pop, with a 7% pop advantage and 1 territory being a tech plant that they all huddle inside of.

LOVE IT!

Assist
2012-12-12, 09:26 AM
Agreed.. I mean a good max crash or sundy shield buster in the back end of a tech base would break those stalemates. It just required a little teamwork... (OMG, NOT TEAMWORK!?!?!)

It's also one of the few pure infantry fights still out there, gotta give those grunts some love beyond the bio-labs. The fights are very vehicle-based right now and there should be some fights for grunts only.

(My guess is this is more of an attempt to help performance by thinning out the crowd... the rendering was definitely taking a major hit during those fights... than a real want to stop that kind of fight)

Tech plants are not a pure infantry fight, Bio Labs are more than tech plants. Tech plants were people quite literally spamming 4 door ways for hours. It took 2 MBT's or 2 Engineers to watch the big shield for diffusals, the other door ways were the only way in against a coordinated bunch and that never turned out well.
There's a difference between teamwork and a horrible design setup. If you were defending and intelligent you can hold a tech plant for days with 1/3rd the numbers of the attackers simply because the only ways in for a diffusal sunderer can be blocked by 2 people. If VS were defending it was a joke, magriders just strafe back and forth inside the shields and physically block the path of the sunderers attempting to use the shield diffusal.

Dkamanus
2012-12-12, 09:30 AM

True, but in techplants is where gate diffusers were used to its top. AMP stations gate shields let infantry pass through, which is simply stupid, and detracts the value of the gate diffuser.

And to people saying that Tech Plants where the only infantry battleground, Biolabs AND AMP stations say hi. People need to start to prioritize those generators, if they go down, the vehicle spam comes up. Stop the stupidity and defend those as well.

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 09:40 AM
True, but in techplants is where gate diffusers were used to its top. AMP stations gate shields let infantry pass through, which is simply stupid, and detracts the value of the gate diffuser.

You can walk through AMP station gates, but it's far safer to use a gate diffuser so that you can get a sundy in deeper and possibly flank people defending.. not to meantion sundies can have bulldogs or guns firing to help clear their path and prevent people from killing the sundy.

Dkamanus
2012-12-12, 09:51 AM
You can walk through AMP station gates, but it's far safer to use a gate diffuser so that you can get a sundy in deeper and possibly flank people defending.. not to meantion sundies can have bulldogs or guns firing to help clear their path and prevent people from killing the sundy.

I understand, but the problem with AMP Stations is that infantries can enter it quite easily still. The LIght assault would the class-to-be in order to circunviate the defenses and reach the generators faster then on-foot infantry.

As I posted somewhere else, for AMP Station, LAs, Gate Difusers or Hot drops should be the norm in troop insertion when you consider that the only entries open for infantry are those on the farthest corners of the base. It adds values to other forms of gameplay.

I Think the AMP Station gates shouldn't allow ANYONE to pass, since there is already 2 entrances for infantry.

Assist
2012-12-12, 09:55 AM

Well more importantly getting a sunderer inside by A in an Amp Station is huge. Unlike tech plants in order for them to defend A they have to run across an open area to get there. A Sunderer pushed inside of A quickly ends the fight with a few max's and engineers to take out any enemy sunderers inside there.
I personally think of all the bases Amp Stations are the most fun and balanced. Air, Ground, or Infantry can dominate Amp Stations depending on the situation. The one thing I wouldn't mind seeing there is some sort of defense for the top center of Amp Stations, and more AA turrets around the center.
The other change I'm hoping for is how the instant action works. I don't like that people can just air drop behind you. More importantly that any faction can air drop as hotspots are across all 3 factions. It's very annoying to be fighting against TR as a VS and having random NC dropping behind you. IMO the hotspots should be how the insert function works for squads, where you're put at the closest spawn to that hotspot. Squad Beacons and Galaxy's should be used for the Droppod stuff, not random instant action where you're placed sometimes at strategic locations that your faction has not earned the right to be there yet.

Figment
2012-12-12, 09:57 AM
This is a great change because it will force the defending faction to defend the entire base and not just a few doorways.

Because they could get out of the spawns to defend those areas so well. :p

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 09:58 AM
I understand, but the problem with AMP Stations is that infantries can enter it quite easily still. The LIght assault would the class-to-be in order to circunviate the defenses and reach the generators faster then on-foot infantry.

As I posted somewhere else, for AMP Station, LAs, Gate Difusers or Hot drops should be the norm in troop insertion when you consider that the only entries open for infantry are those on the farthest corners of the base. It adds values to other forms of gameplay.

I Think the AMP Station gates shouldn't allow ANYONE to pass, since there is already 2 entrances for infantry.

Using the same arguement it was already easy for LAs to get into tech plants because they could jump the gate... rendering the gate diffuser useless.. or jump up the legs and sides of the tech plant to come from the top down inside or drop pod on top and then slowly drop down into positions they wanted.

You could also drop on to tech plants that were heavly contested via deployment or galaxies.. just like you can drop on to anything else in the game.

Or if you are TR/NC you can use tanks backed up to the tech gates to allow full squads to jump over the gates... also bypassing the need for a diffuser.

Sunrock
2012-12-12, 10:21 AM
The biggest change has to be "the main shields at Tech Plants are now operated by two generators in the outlying buildings." Apparently SOE wasn't all that fond of the mega meat grinder that tech plants had become. This is a great change because it will force the defending faction to defend the entire base and not just a few doorways.

Sucky change if you ask me.... Will be too easy to take 'em. No they erased all possibilities of huge big fights that takes for ever to win/loose.

Oryon22
2012-12-12, 10:31 AM
More non-unique weapon art. And changing the stock doesn't count.

ringring
2012-12-12, 10:34 AM
Actually it was interesting to see the evolution of tech plant defence/offence, all now wiped away.

WE've been saying that bases and outposts are too easy to take for months and often the devs have agreed, and now this!

typhaon
2012-12-12, 10:38 AM
The tech lab changes are just horrible.

You can tell there is some kind of disconnect going on in the design process. It's like there were multiple orders issued about the redesign... with no consideration how each of those will affect the overall play of the base.

* I feel like I should say more, but I'm sure plenty will be said by others.

Crator
2012-12-12, 10:47 AM
In regards to the multiple toons on one server change. Someone on the PS2 forums just confirmed that you can have different empires on the same server and there is no lock out timer for changing empires on the same server. (forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/multiple-toons-on-the-same-server-no.64893/page-2#post-808207) Welcome in the 4th empire guys.

MrBloodworth
2012-12-12, 10:48 AM
Tech-plants are technically being reverted. They only reason they removed the gens was to diversify base capture methods in an attempt to makes better fights.

It did not. Tech plant fights were not good fights. They were good farms, big difference.

AMP stations are infinity better fights and have a real push/pull to them and stages/phases. Tech plants are better off for this change.

While i agree in principle we need more defensible bases, we need good game play too, that's a map design issue. That I refuse to go into again, as we went over this in beta multiple times.

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 10:51 AM
In regards to the multiple toons on one server change. Someone on the PS2 forums just confirmed that you can have different empires on the same server and there is no lock out timer for changing empires on the same server. (forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/multiple-toons-on-the-same-server-no.64893/page-2#post-808207) Welcome in the 4th empire guys.

It's a free to play game. All you need is a new email address and you can make endless accounts. So it wasn't like people weren't already playing boths sides. I had the same knee jerk reaction a lot of people probably had until I realized the change didn't really change much except for allow SOE to get a better sense of how many users they have because they cut out the need to create alt accounts.

If people wanted to spy or play both sides they were already doing that and it didn't cost them a dime.

MrBloodworth
2012-12-12, 10:52 AM
More non-unique weapon art. And changing the stock doesn't count.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/10975/11406954_1.jpg?v=8CE7EDEB1C16660

http://www.airsplat.com/Images/ERA-CA-M15-CQBS.jpg

http://www.actionsportgames.com/files/asg/products/high-res-images/17347-000.jpg

http://www.airsplat.com/Images/ERA-CA-M15-SPR-.jpg

http://en.heritage-airsoft.com/I-Grande-6863-armalite-m15-a1-m16-a1.net.jpg

ALL M15's.

KaskaMatej
2012-12-12, 10:53 AM
AMP stations are infinity better fights and have a real push/pull to them and stages/phases. Tech plants are better off for this change.

Yea, I agree, AMP stations are more fun to fight at apart from the "everyone can use" jump pads on wall towers.

Hamma
2012-12-12, 10:58 AM

:ugh:

The Tech Plant needed some form of change. I witnessed like a 12 hour farm of a tech plant this past weekend because nobody could get in. It now requires organized defense.. course nobody is willing to do that because of incentives but that's another issue.

MrBloodworth
2012-12-12, 11:00 AM

The Tech Plant needed some form of change. I witnessed like a 12 hour farm of a tech plant this past weekend because nobody could get in. It now requires organized defense.. course nobody is willing to do that because of incentives but that's another issue.

Well, they could. But they did not. Is more appropriate. Because its a good Farm, not a good fight.

Every time my squad uses our shield buster, or goes full LA, we seem to start a trend.

It seems most of the population can only do one thing. Walk into doors. They cant think outside the box.

RSphil
2012-12-12, 11:04 AM
meh changes seem ok. have to see them in practice first.
not keen on the tech plant change though. for a start what idiot builds defenses to a base OUT SIDE THE BASE, makes no sense. the shields will drop so fast now they might as well not have them.
also i think the shields should be changed to let nothing inside unless you are a crash sundy. its a shield ffs. troops should not be allowed to pass through it. this would make LA troops useful and not just a novelty. they can then jump walls and take out the gen which should be inside in any well built base. are the architects of the future stupid? lol

Crator
2012-12-12, 11:05 AM
It's a free to play game. All you need is a new email address and you can make endless accounts. So it wasn't like people weren't already playing boths sides. I had the same knee jerk reaction a lot of people probably had until I realized the change didn't really change much except for allow SOE to get a better sense of how many users they have because they cut out the need to create alt accounts.

If people wanted to spy or play both sides they were already doing that and it didn't cost them a dime.

Isn't a real issue yet. Up until they allow you to use weapons account wide.

Hamma, I think you quoted the wrong post or somethin. ;)

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 11:08 AM

If they allowed weapons to be used account wide... seeing the balance of power that there is now. I might be tempted to go NC again like I was in beta. They seem like the under dogs on most servers.

RSphil
2012-12-12, 11:08 AM
Well, they could. But they did not. Is more appropriate. Because its a good Farm, not a good fight.

Every time my squad uses our shield buster, or goes full LA, we seem to start a trend.

It seems most of the population can only do one thing. Walk into doors. They cant think outside the box.

i agree with you on that. iv seen alot of players not thinking. or listening tbh. i asked for people to go LA and jump the inner shield and not one listed. i did it and got 3-4 kills everytime. though got destroyed alot lol hense my K/D is bad but i dont care about that. shows im doing my job for my faction. if people would have listened though we could had bounced the inner shield and rolled them to allow the troops at the doors to flood in. but alas, player intelligence is going down these days lol.

EVILPIG
2012-12-12, 11:11 AM
No buff to Flak Armor?

Simokon
2012-12-12, 11:26 AM
I am enjoying the tech plant changes there is actually a battle going on around the whole damn thing now :o

ChipMHazard
2012-12-12, 11:44 AM
I don't really like being able to have multiple characters on a server, I don't want them to make winner joining any easier. Also with the upcoming account wide unlocks, except for faction specific equipment, it might end up making people care far less about their main toon and the faction it's a part of.

Bocheezu
2012-12-12, 11:47 AM
Some stealth changes in there. I've already noticed that if you drop an ammo pack and someone walks where you set it (thus preventing the ammo drop), it won't initiate the cooldown to set it again. Grenade launcher has a different sound. Haven't had it fail to resupply yet, but I've only been playing for about 10 minutes.

EDIT: I also haven't one-shot a single person with grenade launcher yet. So the flak armor buff seems to have significantly nerfed the grenade launcher.

KaskaMatej
2012-12-12, 11:48 AM

Well, now an unorganised zerg will get the plant no matter of defences. Even the most defensible base has now become a game of numbers, like the rest of PS2.

bpostal
2012-12-12, 11:58 AM
Tech planet change seems like two steps forward, three steps back...but I guess I'll have to see how it plays.

Srixun
2012-12-12, 12:04 PM
Bear smells bad. ;)

Crator
2012-12-12, 12:18 PM

Someone just posted a good explanation of the issue multiple toons on different empires on same server without restrictions causes:

Multiple characters of different factions on the same server just destroyed the game (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/multiple-characters-of-different-factions-on-the-same-server-just-destroyed-the-game.65028/)

Dragonskin
2012-12-12, 12:28 PM
Someone just posted a good explanation of the issue multiple toons on different empires on same server without restrictions causes:

Multiple characters of different factions on the same server just destroyed the game (http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/multiple-characters-of-different-factions-on-the-same-server-just-destroyed-the-game.65028/)

It's a free to play game.. people were already making alt accounts for free to spy on enemies and get this... it would have been worse because those alt accounts are not tied to the same account.. they would have to look at IPs to figure if someone was greifing on an alt character. Now they can look at 1 account to see if that is happening. The spying thing... it's a free game.. free. Nothing was stopping people from spying before the change. Nothing really changed.. Stop over reacting.

Crator
2012-12-12, 12:53 PM
It's a free to play game.. people were already making alt accounts for free to spy on enemies and get this... it would have been worse because those alt accounts are not tied to the same account.. they would have to look at IPs to figure if someone was greifing on an alt character. Now they can look at 1 account to see if that is happening. The spying thing... it's a free game.. free. Nothing was stopping people from spying before the change. Nothing really changed.. Stop over reacting.

Agreed, and I do believe I already addressed this statement earlier. SOE plans on making unlocks account wide. The issue will be more dire when that happens imo.

Adding a timer for hoping empires isn't to stop griefers so much but rather to stop empire hoping which create imbalances in population. I suppose if you think about it down the road those folks who want to empire hop can effectively do this eventually if they rank/cert up characters on two different accounts. But even then I still think adding a timer to empire hop would still prevent a lot of it.

Hamma
2012-12-12, 12:59 PM

naw my response to yours was just ":ugh:" :lol:

Crator
2012-12-12, 01:05 PM
naw my response to yours was just ":ugh:" :lol:

Oh. Meaning you not happy about it, right?

Dkamanus
2012-12-12, 01:39 PM
The thing is, tech plant IS the strcture needed to pull MBTs out for. Once you have it under your control, a Mix of Infantry and Mechanized must be put in place in order to secure it. It wasn't a good defense, it was a very XP worthy one. I netted quite a few XP this double XP weekend, simply because people weren't with enough XP to justifiy getting the GSD.

I understand that there are 5 different ways to get into the tech plant before, but it wasn't good defense, just a huge funnel. Now a REAL defense must be made in order to help out the capture and defense of generators outside the base + the lack of a tube directly inside the base means, from my pov, that the devs want people to use more those buildings around the base to reach the main building.

The tech plant is a TOTALLY different form of defense compared to AMP Stations (with walls and generators around the base that allow only infantry combat until the shield generators are down) and Biolabs where MOST of the time is center almost entirely in infantry. Tech plants are a hard mix of infantry and Mechanized units in order to defend now. Before it was ALSO Mostly infantry oriented.

It was a grindfest and it needed to end. Battles are now more mixed, with more people actually proactively defending the base, instead of reactively with the old tech plant. I for one think it was a good change, specially with outfits even going far to "not destroy the sunderer so they could farm more".

Bags
2012-12-12, 02:03 PM
good now I can farm the infantry NOOBS in my skillrider at tech plants

rofl @ SOE

the game wasnt vehicle focused enough before...

Rivenshield
2012-12-12, 02:35 PM

I'm uninstalling. I cannot freaking *believe* this.

Goodbye, guys. I'll be back early next year and take another look... see if ghost-zerging is still with us, see if base defense outside the Crown is worth a damn, see if the Fourth Empire has really pushed this game's sh*t in. But for the time being I can't even stand to look at it. I can't stand to read these forums. I can't stand to read the patch release notes.

Oh, and they're going to make unlocks account-wide now, are they? Yes! Let's make the 4th Empire even MOAR powerful! That's awesome! Way to pander to the whiney high-schooler crowd! Way to destroy any lingering sense of faction loyalty! You go, Smed... you dumb grinning bastard!

/pumps fist in air

And I can't stand logging in, as I did on Connery last night and the night before, and look for a big fight in vain... hot spots that tell you NO ACTIVITY when you mouse them over... going to the one base on the one cont that says ENEMY PLATOON and discover its' about 30 guys versus The Zerg, and just follow The Zerg around for 45 minutes until I get bored and log....

Goodbye. For now. I hope this game gets it's act together game-mechanic-wise. It has such potential. But it's like watching a car wreck anymore. I'm sick at the heart, and I fain would lie doon.

/waves forlornly

MrBloodworth
2012-12-12, 02:49 PM
Lots of over reaction up in here.

Tech plants with shield gens were tested in beta. They were removed before launch as a way to give different methods of taking a base. It failed. Tech plants were not good fights, they were good FARMS.

[drama lama]

Helwyr
2012-12-12, 03:10 PM

Yeah that's a terrible change.

Yes as others have pointed out you can already make multiple accounts which is why IMO Free to Play is a bad... and yeah in a subscription model some could purchase multiple accounts, which is to say there's almost always a way for people to do lame things, but that isn't justification for making it easier or giving it any sort of legitimacy...which is precisely what SOE did. They made switching Factions on the same server very easy and legitimized the behavior.

I've already seen cases of players not just casually griefing but seemingly working against the faction their character belongs. This IMO is as big a problem and worthy of the same condemnation of players that use game hacks like aimbots. But now it's likely to get worse.

MrBloodworth
2012-12-12, 03:14 PM
You could do that before, with another account.

In this case though, you are a bad boy on one? Its linked to your main.

DirtyBird
2012-12-12, 06:51 PM
Noticed another very small change this patch (well I've not noticed it before).
You can select Auto Resupply on Utility Equipment like Bettys, Nades and Resto Kits.

Just not sure exactly what its is doing.

GLaDOS
2012-12-12, 07:41 PM
Sure, the tech plants were farms, but they were just one kind of base. What's the harm in having one hard-as-hell to take, farmy base type? I also liked that to get a bonus for your tanks, you needed to win an infantry fight.

Also, to people saying that it needs an organized defense, that's not a good thing. The attackers need no organization to roll up to your spawn in tanks and pin you in there. The great thing about tech plants was that the zerg could defend them easily, as there wasn't too much thought required against a similarly minded enemy. Now, though, if your completely uncoordinated enemy rolls up to the tech plant spawn, you need to work together to have a chance of winning. That's making it easier for the attacker, which is bad. There were already enough bases like that.

DirtyBird
2012-12-12, 10:28 PM
At least we didnt have to pay SC for the new Jimmy Legs.
302 Found

bet its nerfed due to balance.

Ohaunlaim
2012-12-13, 12:30 AM
This patch basically broke the game for me... I can load up and spawn into a warpgate but within 15 seconds PS2 locks up.

Files verified through PS launcher if you were going to suggest that.

EDIT: All issues fixed by deleting my UserOptions ini file.

Fujilives
2012-12-13, 12:51 AM
Light assault still has jetpacks "break" randomly. PLEASE FIX THIS. I like playing light assault, but it's incredibly frustrating to switch to light assault, run all the way to an enemy base, see an enemy heading your way, trying to jump-jet up a wall only to find that it isn't working, checking your class to make sure you aren't on a different class by mistake, realizing jump-jets are broken until you log out, and then getting shot in the back because your only class advantage (mobility) is gone.

It's complete BS that this problem has existed since beta, effects a TON of people on a regular basis, and is still going on even after the first major patch.

Hamma
2012-12-15, 12:30 PM
Oh. Meaning you not happy about it, right?

Correct

Rago
2012-12-15, 12:39 PM
The worst thing in this Patch they have done was removing the Teleporter out Of The Main Rooms.(Techplant)

Now it really make no sense Defending them,...
No XP, No Teleport ? ! = No Benefit´s.

Spawnspam ?

Mathematics
2012-12-15, 12:43 PM
I still regularly fall through the map when I exit a vehicle. Sometimes it gets destroyed by the time I get back to it. It's really frustrating.

Hamma
2012-12-15, 03:22 PM
Finally had a chance to play for a while today and I have to say this patch was released horribly optimized. I'd rather wait another 3 weeks than see this happen again.