PDA

View Full Version : magrider got a buff

boogy
2012-12-12, 11:33 PM
It got an indirect buff. I tried the new Anti Vehi rocket today. It's pretty damn powerful. Only there's one small issue. It's slow a fuck. It will tear up vangaurds and prowlers all day, but do nothing to magriders because you simply won't be able to hit them. So this just makes the magrider even more advantageous to the other tanks.

Fujilives
2012-12-13, 01:00 AM
Having played with all three faction tanks post update, I can say without a doubt the Sunderer is still better.

People who complain about the Mag don't understand that if you turn your tank sideways, then point the gun out the side and press forwards-&-backwards, you can 'strafe' behind rocks incredibly fast as well. If the basic concepts of driving ground vehicles exceeds your brain capacity, perhaps you need to consider another game, because once you realize how flying vehicles work, you are going to piss yourself.

boogy
2012-12-13, 05:02 AM
Having played with all three faction tanks post update, I can say without a doubt the Sunderer is still better.

People who complain about the Mag don't understand that if you turn your tank sideways, then point the gun out the side and press forwards-&-backwards, you can 'strafe' behind rocks incredibly fast as well. If the basic concepts of driving ground vehicles exceeds your brain capacity, perhaps you need to consider another game, because once you realize how flying vehicles work, you are going to piss yourself.

um no

LoliLoveFart
2012-12-13, 05:27 AM
I wouldn't say the decimator is a buff to mags, mags have always out manouvered dumbfire missles.

Figment
2012-12-13, 05:38 AM
I wouldn't say the decimator is a buff to mags, mags have always out manouvered dumbfire missles.

So then it's simply a nerf to Vanguards, Lightnings and Prowlers as the OP suggested and why the PS1 Mag was less powerful in terms of its own firepower and endurance as trade-off for maneuvrability and amphibious/hill climbing capacity? ;)

Stanis
2012-12-13, 05:40 AM
It got an indirect buff. I tried the new Anti Vehi rocket today. It's pretty damn powerful. Only there's one small issue. It's slow a fuck. It will tear up vangaurds and prowlers all day, but do nothing to magriders because you simply won't be able to hit them. So this just makes the magrider even more advantageous to the other tanks.

You mean the decimator, that does nothing the default HA AV gun doesn't already do?

Nice that you see a new weapon as a buff for the magrider.
I would have expected outrage over a marketing model that promotes worthless utility items that offer no real sidegrade or improvement.

Mathematics
2012-12-13, 02:16 PM

As LoliLoveFart said, Magriders have always been able to out-maneuver dumb-fire rockets at range. If you've been engaging Magriders at anything but close range, you've been doing it wrong. Close the distance and then shoot 'em in the ass! :)

Conq
2012-12-13, 02:20 PM
Prowler lock down ftw... :(

FreeSpeech
2012-12-14, 06:31 PM
Magrider did not need a buff it's stupidly hard as it is. The Vanguard is a load of rubbish, slow, low damage and not that tough.

Thunderhawk
2012-12-14, 07:02 PM
Use your default rocket launcher and you have a decimator without paying any station cash....

So, technically, this his been around since the inception of the game, yet people want to whine now.....

http://i.imgur.com/antqm.gif

FreeSpeech
2012-12-14, 07:12 PM
Except the NC rocket is pants and the Magrider has ample time to own you before it's dead in 3-4 hits.