PDA

View Full Version : New weapon sounds?

greenberetdelta
2012-12-13, 07:43 AM
Ive noticed that my T5 AMC sounds different than before the patch. Is there any other weapons that sounds different?

Oryon22
2012-12-13, 07:44 AM
Lasher does

KaskaMatej
2012-12-13, 08:00 AM
Not a weapon, but VS' cloaking sounds different. Also Silencer on Artemis (full auto scout rifle) sounds different.

ShadetheDruid
2012-12-13, 08:04 AM
The NC's Warden battle rifle sounds different, first thing I noticed when I logged on after the patch. Sounds more like a rifle now, rather than before where I think it was using the sniper rifle sound. It sounds really good.

Dragonskin
2012-12-13, 08:13 AM
Not a weapon, but VS' cloaking sounds different. Also Silencer on Artemis (full auto scout rifle) sounds different.

Yea, the cloaking has a new sound added for going into cloak and the same sound we used to have when exiting cloak. Seems to make going into cloak less noticable to enemies.. while exiting still alerts people that are listening for it. I was able to cloak near a few enemies and they seemed oblivious to my presence compared to before when I would cloak and then all of a sudden they are looking for an infiltrator some where. Some people were complaining that the new sound sounds gross though :(

bpostal
2012-12-13, 08:43 AM
My Cycler TRV sounds like a damn MG-5. Mmmm

Haaken
2012-12-13, 08:53 AM
Theres also a wind sound now when I make a banked turn in my scythe

Edit: In 3rd person view only, I believe.

KaskaMatej
2012-12-13, 10:50 AM
Some people were complaining that the new sound sounds gross though :(

It does sound... Fleshy. Or more similar to Crysis cloaking. IMO, it sounds awesome!

Storn
2012-12-13, 11:13 AM
Theres also a wind sound now when I make a banked turn in my scythe

Edit: In 3rd person view only, I believe.

If you find yourself alone, flying with the sound of the wind and the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead (by a Mosquito)! :lol:

Haaken
2012-12-13, 12:24 PM
If you find yourself alone, flying with the sound of the wind and the sun on your face, do not be troubled. For you are in Elysium, and you're already dead (by a Mosquito)! :lol:

+1 for reference, but -1 for spewing lies.. :p

Mosqs and Reavers rains from the skies when I leave the gate. :groovy:

Whiteagle
2012-12-13, 12:30 PM
Yea, the cloaking has a new sound added for going into cloak and the same sound we used to have when exiting cloak. Seems to make going into cloak less noticable to enemies.. while exiting still alerts people that are listening for it. I was able to cloak near a few enemies and they seemed oblivious to my presence compared to before when I would cloak and then all of a sudden they are looking for an infiltrator some where. Some people were complaining that the new sound sounds gross though :(
I like the new sound, makes me feel like a Predator!

Now all I need is a Terran Heavy to talk like the Guvinator, and we will have the ultimate team-up for hunting down Vanu-morphs!

Alareth
2012-12-13, 01:12 PM

Personally I would like ES cloaking sounds.

Tuesday I spent 10 minutes hunting a cloaker because I could hear him dropping in and out of cloak only to discover it was a friendly.

Whiteagle
2012-12-13, 01:18 PM
Personally I would like ES cloaking sounds.

Tuesday I spent 10 minutes hunting a cloaker because I could hear him dropping in and out of cloak only to discover it was a friendly.
Well we had that problem before hand anyways...

...Don't know how many friendly cloak-spammers I've wanted to strangle...

Dragonskin
2012-12-13, 01:28 PM
I like the new sound, makes me feel like a Predator!

Totally what I thought. I spent the rest of the night playing Infiltrator.. even though I suck at it just because I like the animation combined with the new sound effect haha.

MaxDamage
2012-12-13, 02:58 PM
Well the MCG sound is the same but it's now out of sync with the firing. It is still quietly whirring up when bullets start firing. It shoots sooner now, wasn't aware it needed a buff!

Phantomdestiny
2012-12-13, 03:33 PM
the new cycler TRV sound is insanely amazing