PDA

View Full Version : Boosts

Haaken
2012-12-16, 06:56 AM
This might have been brought up before, but this is something I'd really like to see fixed, asap.

Bought a 50% XP boost, but when I got to the boost selection, it was asking me to override my Alpha Squad boost. :huh:
This is not acceptable, I lose 5 months of boost if I want increased XP boost for the next 7 days.

I guess I could have looked it up before I purchased, but I had no idea this would be an issue, I expected to able to swap boosts as I please.

I hope we get a fix to this.

Meecrob
2012-12-16, 06:58 AM
When you install a boost it clearly states that you cannot swap it out, im sorry man.

Haaken
2012-12-16, 07:05 AM
When you install a boost it clearly states that you cannot swap it out, im sorry man.

Not acceptable, timer could still run out even if not slotted, as long as that particular boost has been slotted once.

Ruffdog
2012-12-16, 01:55 PM
It is shit but not we're not getting a fix to this. Silly really. People would be more inclined to spend knowing their 10% fallback is still in their inventory. But the devs now hate the word inventory of course.

Tooterfish
2012-12-16, 02:03 PM
expected to able to swap boosts as I please.

This makes a lot of sense to me. I don't see a down-side to it being this way.

Galron
2012-12-16, 02:06 PM
This is the ONLY thing keeping me from purchasing exp boosts with SC.

Let us keep the AS 10% and you'll earn more money SOE!:mad:

Infernalis
2012-12-16, 02:12 PM
Alpha squad players get the short end of the stick really...

Electrofreak
2012-12-16, 03:49 PM
It is true, I thought about picking up a boost but when I realized that it'll delete my alpha squad boost, I decided against it.

SOE really could make more allowing you to uninstall boosts without destroying them.

Sturmhardt
2012-12-17, 01:43 AM
It's really bad, soe fucks over their PAYING customers with stuff like that. And it hurts their business too, because I'm not gonna buy a booster until my 6 months alpha boost are over.

SixShooter
2012-12-17, 04:00 PM
So I dropped my Alpha Squad boost in favor of the 50% boost durring the double XP weekend fully understanding that I would not be able to use the Alpha Squad boost again. I felt like it was totaly worth it and that was a really fun weekend.

So when I was playing today I noticed that I was getting 35% bonus XP. I have the 25% for being a subscriber but couldn't find any other factors contributing to the other 10% like population bonuses.

Did they add Alpha Squad bonus back in without having to equip it in the booster slot?

Infernalis
2012-12-17, 05:25 PM
No, at least as far as I know but now that you removed it you can test for us.

I asked Smed on Twitter one week ago but he never answered (I guess he receives a hella lot of tweets each day).

Beerbeer
2012-12-17, 05:28 PM
It's Sony's way of saving us money.

I won't buy temp boosts to override a smaller one that lasts a lot longer. Just doesn't equal out over the long run. So save your money premium members, unless you plan on buying the short boosts all of the time.

Quovatis
2012-12-17, 05:29 PM
They said on the forums that they are looking into a way to make the alpha squad boost passive or let you temporarily remove it, but they don't have an ETA on it. There are also reports that if you submit a ticket and cry enough, they will reinstate your alpha boost as a one-time gesture.

SixShooter
2012-12-17, 08:48 PM
I was totaly wrong. I must have been seeing the bonus XP for defending :(. Oh well...