PDA

View Full Version : Who's the celeb that leads the NC?

Goldeh
2012-12-20, 02:07 AM
I know TB and Tobuscus are the celebs, but I forgot the third guys name who's supposed to lead NC. I want to look him up.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry just found him...

Seananners if anyone is interested.

p0intman
2012-12-20, 02:29 AM
still trying to figure out how he is at all relevant.

Alareth
2012-12-20, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/SeaNanners

james
2012-12-20, 11:01 AM
He started the minecraft fad. He also likes wine and cats.

Thats about it.

Vashyo
2012-12-20, 01:09 PM
Like some of his videos, I actually learned about him only about month ago. SO MUCH LAUGHTER! :rofl:

Dunno who tobuscus guy is though, since he is vanu I don't even care :D

Rolfski
2012-12-20, 09:28 PM
I remember SeaNanners when I was looking for some Minecraft tutorial vids. Although these vids were ok, I have no idea why they have hooked him up with a game he doesn't seem to be playing (http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=seananners).

Saintlycow
2012-12-20, 10:27 PM
I remember SeaNanners when I was looking for some Minecraft tutorial vids. Although these vids were ok, I have no idea why they have hooked him up with a game he doesn't seem to be playing (http://www.planetside-universe.com/character.php?stats=seananners).

Yeah. Haven't seen any Seananners videos on PS2

Anyways, I think seananners is the funniest of them all. It's just so random

Hamma
2012-12-20, 10:31 PM
Its simple they are hooking up with these guys so they DO PS2 content and get more exposure for the game. ;)

Rolfski
2012-12-21, 03:06 AM
Its simple they are hooking up with these guys so they DO PS2 content and get more exposure for the game. ;)

This will work way more effectively if it's a natural fit. Hiring RivalXfactor or TotalBiscuit for PS2 works because these guys really play these games. So does hiring FPSRussia for the COD franchise.

Hiring Seananners or Tobuscus feels more like a forced move and will therefore not necessarily generate positive PS2 exposure within their audiences.

Tooterfish
2012-12-21, 03:27 AM
I'm sure this SeanNanners guy is a great person and all. However, this NC "leader" choice rendered the entire event meaningless to me. Why couldn't they have allowed the community to vote? Seems like a big missed opportunity to give the players a genuinely meaningful role in the game. I mean, FFS, I don't even see mention of PS2 on Nanner's youtube page.. WTF gives him the right to such an honor?

I agree with what some of you are saying; it is an attempt to build publicity through popular e-personalities. Why not just say that, instead of insulting the entire community for a chance at PR?

Juryrig
2012-12-21, 04:10 AM
I'm sure this SeanNanners guy is a great person and all. However, this NC "leader" choice rendered the entire event meaningless to me. Why couldn't they have allowed the community to vote? Seems like a big missed opportunity to give the players a genuinely meaningful role in the game. I mean, FFS, I don't even see mention of PS2 on Nanner's youtube page.. WTF gives him the right to such an honor?

I agree with what some of you are saying; it is an attempt to build publicity through popular e-personalities. Why not just say that, instead of insulting the entire community for a chance at PR?

The splash screen on the loader actually says "Choose your leader"

Nice and snappy, but actually what I chose was my Empire. I've had no choice at all in the 'Leader' that is being presented to that Empire.

Of course, that's exactly how empires really work; otherwise they'd be called 'Democracies' - but I suspect that's a level of irony that goes beyond what the marketing people were thinking....*

Anyways, it'll put the game in front of a lot more people. Is this a good thing, bad thing or just a thing? Time will tell.

The fact that at least two of them seem to have little exposure to/experience of PS2 could well lead to SOE having shot themselves in the foot. I mean - you're going to have all of Seananners/Tobuscus followers watching them spawning into a camped room, being killed through the shield by HE tankfire and EFS rocket-pods....several times....probably with a 'wtf? this kind of sucks' commentary.

I wonder if they'll have an SOE stooge emailing them to tell them to issue orders to everyone to fall back to the spawnpoint at the next safe base and launch a counter-attack, to avoid the possibility of them just highlighting some of the current features of the game....

*disclaimer - yeah, I know, not entirely the same thing....but I think you can see what I'm getting at :)