PDA

View Full Version : question for Mag pilots

satori
2012-12-21, 01:32 PM
looking for your thoughts on the value of the high speed chassis vs the combat chassis?

....and since you're here, what's your load-out like?
-which armor would you get first?
-which main cannon do you prefer?

thanks

Quovatis
2012-12-21, 02:00 PM
I have over 3500 kills in a Mag. Combat chassis hands down. The hover power will let you clear obstacles and other friendly vehicles easier, the reverse speed will let you run with your front facing the enemy, and the strafe speeds lets you dodge rockets easier. There's really no need to take the speed one at all, especially when you get the magburner (which you should).

As for armor, I'm one of the few that will tell you it's a total waste of certs. You get maximum 10% damage reduction, which isn't much. The combinations of tank/rocket shots and the armor that actually reduce the number of shots taken to kill you is very small. In most cases, the armor doesn't help. IMHO, you're better off getting Mine guard (which actually will save you), stealth, or Nanite Auto Repair. I personally have Nanite Auto Repair. If you run away undamaged for 20 seconds, you will have repaired the same amount that the front armor would have given you. At 30 seconds, you equal the side armor upgrade.

For the pilot cannon, get the VPC (the anti-infantry gun). It tears up infantry. While it does put you at a minor disadvantage against enemy vehicles, you just have to pick your engagements better. But you're far more likely to rack up more kills with the anti-infantry gun than the AV one.

Zoraida
2012-12-21, 02:37 PM
My Mag also has the Rival Combat chassis and I cannot agree more with the sentiment. However as for the armor, I took the side armor reduction since its somewhat cheap and an extra 10% from all dmg from the side seems nice.

I have two loadouts, but both use the Saron secondary. One is the default gun and the other is FPC (the other armor piercer). The default primary was fine enough for killing infantry in my opinion.

Bags
2012-12-21, 02:41 PM
looking for your thoughts on the value of the high speed chassis vs the combat chassis?

....and since you're here, what's your load-out like?
-which armor would you get first?
-which main cannon do you prefer?

thanks

>Chassis
I use the chassis with the improved hover and breaking. Much better than top speed.

>loadout
I use VPC + Saran because if you're fighting armor in this game you're not going to be wracking in certs so why are you even in a tank? Farming infantry is where it's at.

>Armor
I don't really take damage in my tank so I think I just slapped on mineguard to prevent random instagibs.

>Main cannon
Again, VPC makes everything else obsolete. It's the best way to farm XP; why use the other cannons?

Also, get magburner maxed ASAP.

This is a joke vid, but it shows how loleasy VPC is to farm XP with.

Skillside - L2P Infantry noobs - YouTube

satori
2012-12-21, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the replies!