PDA

View Full Version : Random Crashes Every so Often

iMattyz
2012-12-27, 09:06 AM
I got a new gaming PC for Christmas which runs Planetside 2 without any hitches and without usually any framerate issues whatsoever. (40-50 FPS on highest settings) These are my specs:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
CPU: Intel i7-3770 3.4-3.9 GHz
RAM: 8GB Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD: 1TB

My issue is that every so often at random intervals, I experience a crash which renders the game unresponsive, Windows 7 can never find a fix so I have to reboot the game, however I can use Task Manager to exit the game and do not have to reboot my system. This issue does not occur on any other games and I have no idea why it happens on this one. There is not any specific location on the map where it happens or any specific time, just at random intervals during play. (However it does more commonly happen when there are a lot of units in the area.) Any help would be appreciated as Sony have not yet gotten back to me, thanks in advance.

Electrofreak
2012-12-27, 07:53 PM
I got a new gaming PC for Christmas which runs Planetside 2 without any hitches and without usually any framerate issues whatsoever. (40-50 FPS on highest settings) These are my specs:

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
CPU: Intel i7-3770 3.4-3.9 GHz
RAM: 8GB Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD: 1TB

My issue is that every so often at random intervals, I experience a crash which renders the game unresponsive, Windows 7 can never find a fix so I have to reboot the game, however I can use Task Manager to exit the game and do not have to reboot my system. This issue does not occur on any other games and I have no idea why it happens on this one. There is not any specific location on the map where it happens or any specific time, just at random intervals during play. (However it does more commonly happen when there are a lot of units in the area.) Any help would be appreciated as Sony have not yet gotten back to me, thanks in advance.

Try this fix:

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/32-bit-os-users-work-around-for-constant-crashing-after-5-30-minutes-of-play.52443/

Ailos
2013-01-02, 09:48 PM
If you're running the Steam Client, try installing the one from Sony Station directly.