PDA

View Full Version : FU and your lies SOE

Ghoest9
2013-01-25, 06:11 PM
You told us the Jan patch would give us the ability to change the colors of enemy and squad triangles.
Now its removed from the list of Jan features March says it will have the ability to change interface colors.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for 4-8% of your potential players to tell them apart?
I dont care about all the other interface color all we NEED is the ability to turn squad mates blue like all other friendlies - thats it - really simple.

Im BR 48 now and I have done the whole thing solo because other wise I either shoot friendlies or get killed by all the enemies who have been spotted.

Its totally unreasonable that you would promise some thing so simple, that we have been asking for since tech beta and then change your mind so you can focus on more flashy stuff.

Fuck you.

Phantomdestiny
2013-01-25, 06:18 PM
You told us the Jan patch would give us the ability to change the colors of enemy and squad triangles.
Now its removed from the list of Jan features March says it will have the ability to change interface colors.

Do you have any idea how hard it is for 4-8% of your potential players to tell them apart?
I dont care about all the other interface color all we NEED is the ability to turn squad mates blue like all other friendlies - thats it - really simple.

Im BR 48 now and I have done the whole thing solo because other wise I either shoot friendlies or get killed by all the enemies who have been spotted.

Its totally unreasonable that you would promise some thing so simple, that we have been asking for since tech beta and then change your mind so you can focus on more flashy stuff.

Fuck you.

they did not lie they clearly said that something might not make it into the jan patch

NewSith
2013-01-25, 06:22 PM
Wasn't there a program that hides one of the RGB channels on your monitor? So basically if you're red colorblind you lower the red channel visibility...

Or maybe I saw that in a dream...

Ghoest9
2013-01-25, 06:26 PM
Wasn't there a program that hides one of the RGB channels on your monitor? So basically if you're red colorblind you lower the red channel visibility...

Doing stuff like that makes the game harder to play. And is probably against the EULA.

Ghoest9
2013-01-25, 06:28 PM
they did not lie they clearly said that something might not make it into the jan patch

Ya but they are delaying it 2 months and putting a bunch of other new stuff first.

Its people who arent colorblind acting like callous ass holes.
Because its such a tiny change we need its not a mater of technical hurdles - its just indifference.

Baneblade
2013-01-25, 06:32 PM

SOE has unequivocally declared that doing anything that makes their game playable is a permanent ban-able offense with no recourse.

Merzun
2013-01-25, 07:42 PM
Looks like colorblind mode comes in different steps.
http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/so-soe-spits-on-colorblind-players-again.83935/#post-1095786

EightEightEight
2013-01-25, 08:32 PM
As the link above stated

The roadmap is a little misleading. Our colorblind support will be delivered in a couple different phases. The first phase (customizable colors for HUD UI) is still scheduled for the 1/30 patch.

moosepoop
2013-01-25, 08:44 PM
what a whining bitch. entitled much? color blind support is coming.

maradine
2013-01-25, 09:04 PM
Fuck you.

Go have a good cry then calm yourself down. This isn't how adults behave. Not where I'm from, anyway.

edit: which isn't to say that what you want isn't justified.

Sledgecrushr
2013-01-25, 11:48 PM
I am very happy this misunderstanding with ghoest9 and adjustable colors for the clorblind. A big step in making this game more accessible.

Ruffdog
2013-01-26, 12:36 AM
I don't know why its even being voted upon. It's an essential fix for some and I thought it would make end of Jan as well.

PoisonTaco
2013-01-26, 12:42 AM
I've read that game developers find it really easy to implement a color-blind mode in their games. I'm no developer myself so I could be completely wrong, but my impression is that it's simple to add. Considering that I game with a couple people who are color-blind they do have a hard time distinguishing between friend and foe from time to time. I know those kind of people are in the minority, but I do believe that color blind mode should be a higher priority.

Palerion
2013-01-26, 11:20 AM
I assume you're colorblind Ghoest.

I feel for you, letting players simply change a color shouldn't be hard.

I hope they change their mind and fix this soon.

But I hope Merzun and EightEightEight are right.

Sunrock
2013-01-26, 05:48 PM

Actually its just 5% of the male population and 1% of the female population that is colorblind.... according to wikipedia.

Hamma
2013-01-26, 05:55 PM
You know if the OP was actually constructive I may leave this open. I think this has been cleared up now.