PDA

View Full Version : New colour HUD settings.

Sunrock
2013-02-02, 01:37 PM
The new color options in the game settings is a bit of a disappointment IMO. There are too few options to have control over. Only behing able to colour the empier colours sucks. The empire color should be different from enemy and faction,

So I should be able to set so capture points for TR is red but "random faction friends" are blue. And NC objectives are blue and NC players are red. Liked it used to be if I wanted to have that.

Redshift
2013-02-02, 02:50 PM
i'd love to play in empire colours but then i haveto have friendlies red on the mini map.....

I'd like to be able to colour the kill spam empire colours, objectives blue purple and green, and have the mini map green and red

ringring
2013-02-02, 04:35 PM
Yea, so as TR friendly capture points on the map are blue! Huh?]

Even after playing with the options there is no sensible setting it seems.

e.g. I'd want capture points to be the colour of the owning Empire, ie the same as the map.
Colours should be able to be nominated for friendlies, enemies and squad/platoon vehicles.....

I'd like to hear of any good sensible setting though if anyone has any.

ShadetheDruid
2013-02-02, 05:50 PM
Yeah, they should add a "classic" setting so people can have the setting they've been used to up until now.

That said, I actually do like having everything set to empire colours. I just need to get used to blue and red not being what i'm used to them being.

Sturmhardt
2013-02-02, 05:57 PM
I just made all the vanu gay-pink. I love it :D

NewSith
2013-02-02, 06:00 PM
I just made all the vanu gay-pink. I love it :D

Try setting Red for NC and Green for VS and TR, I dare you...

Ghoest9
2013-02-02, 08:40 PM
Well this is a HUGE improvement for us colorblind players.

But its a shame we cant set squad colors.

I play NC and Im pretty much forced to use red or orange for NC while I use blue for TR now because if I make TR red I cant tell them from my squad.
It would would be preferable to be able to set squads to a differnt shade of blue.

Neutral Calypso
2013-02-02, 08:41 PM
I double dare you!

HiroshiChugi
2013-02-02, 11:50 PM
I triple dog dare you!!

OOH! AHH! GASP! :O

Hamma
2013-02-03, 12:52 PM
I turned on empire colors and almost killed several TR.. went back to the enemy selection.

Rivenshield
2013-02-03, 06:55 PM
Well this is a HUGE improvement for us colorblind players.

I don't grudge you any improvement in your ability to play.... but I *do* grudge having weeks and weeks of muscle memory flushed down the commode. I keep shooting at friendlies and trying to 'resecure' friendly flags.

It should be an option you can turn on if you need it, not default sweeping changes for the rest of us.

Maniya
2013-02-03, 07:21 PM
Empire selection is really confusing, so i just use enemy selection. I tried to play around with it but doesn't really make things better lol.

typhaon
2013-02-03, 09:07 PM
Not sure how it's disappointing.

It lets you choose colors you want... doesn't mean it's the last HUD update, ever.

I give it a thumb's up... improving.

Sturmhardt
2013-02-03, 09:56 PM
I like how they implemented it, I miss nothing.

.sent via phone.

Ghoest9
2013-02-03, 11:09 PM
I don't grudge you any improvement in your ability to play.... but I *do* grudge having weeks and weeks of muscle memory flushed down the commode. I keep shooting at friendlies and trying to 'resecure' friendly flags.

It should be an option you can turn on if you need it, not default sweeping changes for the rest of us.

You have the option of old colors dont you?

Sunrock
2013-02-03, 11:24 PM

Weeks and weeks? Try 25 years of muscle memory. Red=enemy have been the standard for ever in all games that been playable sens the early 80's.

Tatwi
2013-02-04, 02:27 AM
Cannot begin to describe how much I absolutely hate this change. First, the colors of things don't make sense. Second, up until now it was completely different. Change for the sake of change is bad. :)

Pella
2013-02-04, 02:32 AM
Enemies Gray
Friendly Red

Takes some getting used to. But looks nice

Canaris
2013-02-04, 02:38 AM

No you can't, Dev's need to bring it back as an option. You can't even replicate it with the new system.

Suitepee
2013-02-04, 06:44 AM
I got used to this change somewhat quickly. Blue for friendlies, red for enemies.

A bit irksome having to realign the colours for my Vanu/NC alts on Miller, but this change seems ok and if it helps the colourblind players enjoy the game, great!

VR Draco
2013-02-04, 07:05 AM

Not exactly. Before this patch, terminals and other things where colored in faction color, friendly players were blue and enemy players were red.

NOW terminals and other things have the same color like friendly or enemy players.

I don't like this. I want my enemies to be red (because I don't see any differnce whom I shoot at ^^) but I want to see to which faction a terminal or base belongs, to see if there will be a 2nd front.

But if I change to "Empire Colors" I see friendly players purple and NC blue...this distracts me, because I am used to the old color-scheme.

It would be perfect to have 3 additional colors for the terminals an other "captureable" things, THEN we would be able to use the old scheme.

Bocheezu
2013-02-04, 07:44 AM
My main is TR, but I switch around on the weekends and play the other factions. I basically have to do ally/enemy because I don't want to fix the colors every time I switch (I can't tell the difference between VS purple and NC blue when I play those factions). The problem with ally/enemy is all enemy capture points are red and I can't tell WHICH FACTION has that capture point.

They need to have seperate options for player names (ally/enemy) and capture points/terminals (empire colors). That way it would be like the old system, which was fine.

Figment
2013-02-04, 08:28 AM
I turned on empire colors and almost killed several TR.. went back to the enemy selection.

That's working as intended!

TheBladeRoden
2013-03-06, 04:17 AM
The biggest challenge was finding just that right shade for Vanu that wasn't too red to be confused with TR, too blue to be confused with NC, and too purple to be confused with Charlie squad. >:(

Koadster
2013-03-06, 05:48 AM
Enemies Gray
Friendly Red

Takes some getting used to. But looks nice

Mines opposite, If a Doritos pops up and doesnt have any colour I dont bother.

I got NC as RED, VS as PINK. TR (my faction) is GREY.. NC/VS stick out like dogs balls so it really minimizes friendly shots. Since all TR stuff is now grey on the map any red or pink 'blip' stands out really well so that helps sort out minimap clutter.

Im guessing similar thinking to you but just different colours although dont you want your enemy's colour to stand out.. Easier target acquisition ;)

Ghoest9
2013-03-06, 06:43 AM
Its better than before but its not close to ideal.

1 you cant change squad colors.

2 you cant change the enemy vs friendly colors.

The squad thing is my biggest issua as a color blind player. In order not to confuse squads and platoons with the enemy Ive been forced to play NC as red - I dont like that.