2013-02-04, 07:45 PM
I'm sure everyone saw this.. but if you didn't:

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/298574382626922497

Update:

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/298891763366641664

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/298891894480592896

Bear
2013-02-04, 09:17 PM
I really hope they get this straightened out soon, the game is virtually unplayable for me at this point.

It does concern me though that they don't seem to have any idea what is causing it.

bpostal
2013-02-04, 09:19 PM
Optimization will continue until the beatings improve! I wish 'em all the best of luck fixing whatever they broke this patch. The stuttering gives me a wicked headache.

Bear
2013-02-04, 09:33 PM
Optimization will continue until the beatings improve! I wish 'em all the best of luck fixing whatever they broke this patch. The stuttering gives me a wicked headache.

What's most ironic is that this was supposed to be an "optimization" patch. :rofl:

DirtyBird
2013-02-04, 09:47 PM
Its concerning that they still cannot release a patch without screwing up something.
And its not just one thing that gets screwed either.
I know they will fix it but surely even they must be wondering wtf is going on.

Has anyone gone over the patch notes and checked off what actually made it into the game and what didnt.
And does it count that a particular change only works for about 20mins then doesnt until a server restart ie. Leaderboard changes.

Its like they have two or three groups who dont communicate with each other.
Or who do but are telling porky pies to each other.

We have to face the fact that we honestly can expect more of the same at the end of Feb (early March).

Good luck investigating the shit that the patch broke, and good luck then trying to fix it quickly.

Bear
2013-02-04, 10:03 PM
I'm sure they didn't want to release a patch that FUBAR'd the game, there's just some stuff you can't test internally. We all know they're working hard to find a fix.

I think the lesson here is that an external test server is desperately needed.

Hamma
2013-02-05, 02:34 PM
New hotfix pushed, hopefully fixed!

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/298891763366641664

https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/298891894480592896

Baneblade
2013-02-05, 02:36 PM
It does concern me though that they don't seem to have any idea what is causing it.

I prefer honest ignorance to what SOE used to do with this sort of thing.

Sledgecrushr
2013-02-05, 02:42 PM
Hope this is it. If so kudos to the dev team for the quick fix.

Sir B Smythe
2013-02-05, 03:07 PM
Lets hope this is the solution to the problem :)

DirtyBird
2013-02-05, 03:16 PM
Fixed it for me, good work.
One down...

Hamma
2013-02-05, 04:14 PM
Nice :D

ringring
2013-02-05, 04:22 PM
Its concerning that they still cannot release a patch without screwing up something.
And its not just one thing that gets screwed either.
I know they will fix it but surely even they must be wondering wtf is going on.

Has anyone gone over the patch notes and checked off what actually made it into the game and what didnt.
And does it count that a particular change only works for about 20mins then doesnt until a server restart ie. Leaderboard changes.

Its like they have two or three groups who dont communicate with each other.
Or who do but are telling porky pies to each other.

We have to face the fact that we honestly can expect more of the same at the end of Feb (early March).

Good luck investigating the shit that the patch broke, and good luck then trying to fix it quickly.

And it's concerning that at least one thing (the magrider nerf) accidentally went into the patch, I don't think this is the first time it's happened too. Clearly their release procedures need to be reexamined to say the least.

Pella
2013-02-05, 04:24 PM
Working fine for me now.

Sprintfox
2013-02-05, 09:07 PM
It definitely runs way better now. But it's still there on some key situations. As example: When approaching / going with vehicle groups of your own faction. Then FPS start to jump again.

I would bet my ass, it has to do with the friendly vehicle / real threat rendering priorization.

bishopau
2013-02-05, 09:35 PM
I would bet my ass, it has to do with the friendly vehicle / real threat rendering priorization.

I'd agree 100% with that Sprint.

I played today on my laptop (I know) and after some mucking about deleting and resetting the ini file it was running smoothly till enemy are about then it starts to choke up.

The weird thing is that it has no problem dealing with friends its just the foes. Also the edges of the map are fine and I'm guessing thats the CPU only working half as hard due to 180deg of threat as opposed to 360deg of threat.

I've also noticed today that the player interface (map,certs,weps,etc) screen is slow to load and get going. It was quite snappy prior to the update.

Anyways good to see it only took a short time to smooth it out. Fingers crossed they can find the other bugs quickly.

Hamma
2013-02-06, 08:39 AM
Good to hear overall it's running better for people.

Argentum
2013-02-06, 10:14 AM
Not for me... still in the low 20FPS, tried all sorts of ini settings, from ultra to the lowest graphic settings, made no difference. This is the only game I can't play on MAX settings.

Argentum
2013-02-06, 10:17 AM
PS and I still get the "Flash" that then requires a log out and log back in to resolve. And to think I paid for a membership.

This will be the last time I ever do such. Tired of all the games that come out in some form of "beta". Think about it, what other product do you buy that you have to wait MONTHS for it to work. No other product/service I can think of that does not work out of the box the moment I purchase it... except games.

Baneblade
2013-02-06, 10:19 AM
Works good for me too now. Thanks.

Ironside
2013-02-06, 10:21 AM
still a laggy mess for me, more or less stopped playing

Assist
2013-02-06, 11:21 AM
My game no longer is choppy, but the FPS is no better than before the game update patch.
I hope they have something else as far as optimization goes, because if this is it I'd like to know why they aren't making use of the higher end video cards.
After 2 hours of play I still dip down into the mid 20's of FPS with a GTX 680 :\

ansaheli
2013-02-06, 11:22 AM
still a laggy mess for me, more or less stopped playing

Yup, went to test, nearly empty Biolab, unloaded half a mag into an enemy twice, on both occasions I die and they never even took a scratch (never saw the indicators, had full shields and health on the killed by screen). Unplayable.

Argentum
2013-02-06, 11:34 AM
Does anyone maybe have some tips or where to go to at least make sure one's system (hardware) is not an issue?

bpostal
2013-02-06, 11:51 AM
Does anyone maybe have some tips or where to go to at least make sure one's system (hardware) is not an issue?

I'd suggest that you check and make sure your drivers are up to date and that your hardware meets the minimum requirements per http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/PlanetSide_2#Minimum_System_Requirements

Argentum
2013-02-06, 12:31 PM
Yah, more than meets the min.. and checked the drivers. It was doing much better before the patch

Argentum
2013-02-06, 12:40 PM
I went to Nvidia and got a new thing they call Gforce Experience that auto detects best game settings, auto updates your drivers... it did make a few changes... will let ya know how(if) it works

bpostal
2013-02-06, 12:55 PM
Good luck! Even with this patch for the patch my framerate leaves me with headaches and nausea if I play for longer than a half hour.

Sprintfox
2013-02-06, 02:05 PM
I went to Nvidia and got a new thing they call Gforce Experience that auto detects best game settings, auto updates your drivers... it did make a few changes... will let ya know how(if) it works

Doesn't really works. It takes the recommended settings from SOE. That's all.

Kerrec
2013-02-06, 02:12 PM
The idea behind the GForce Experience software is that people that like to tweak settings and squeeze every bit of performance out of their setups will create and upload their settings to Nvidia.

Then people that don't like tweaking stuff like that, try out these uploaded settings and give feedback.

Eventually the most optimized settings will become the most popular and it's easy peasy for people to set up their games from then on.

But as a start, Nvidia have the recommended settings as a starting point.

Vashyo
2013-02-06, 05:22 PM
It's nice they improved the GPU performance in the game...but most of the people have issues with their CPU. :/

I wonder if CPU performance can be improved at all

Argentum
2013-02-06, 10:57 PM
Well, not much improvement... maybe about 5-10 fps. But it drops when I drive a tank - which is what I do mostly.

TheBladeRoden
2013-02-06, 11:59 PM
Before it was just bad frame rates, now its bad frame rates plus input lag

Hamma
2013-02-07, 06:48 PM
Definitely made my system run a bit better. :Dß