PDA

View Full Version : This game is awesome

ryanxrulz
2013-02-06, 11:54 PM
Although it would be better if a name was available. So far I've tried 200+ names each ending with the same sentence: "That name is unavailable"

Can someone please test names and PM me one that works? I'm close to deleting the game before my Computer ends up lodged in the wall.

QuantumMechanic
2013-02-07, 12:07 AM
Don't delete the game just yet. Not being able to create a character was a bug that just cropped up yesterday. There should be a fix soon (one would think).

Neutral Calypso
2013-02-07, 12:12 AM
If they don't fix it soon, you can kiss your dreams of full servers goodbye!
:cry:

ryanxrulz
2013-02-07, 12:26 AM
Well hopefully they do fix it soon because I badly want to play this game, it looks awesome.

Strategy
2013-02-07, 08:08 AM
Not being able to create a character was a bug that just cropped up yesterday.

lol, SOE c'mon...

Rolfski
2013-02-07, 09:31 AM
You can be assured they are on top of this one, lol.

Rivenshield
2013-02-07, 06:43 PM
Well hopefully they do fix it soon because I badly want to play this game, it looks awesome.

Good man.

Word of advice? SLOW DOWN. Running towards the enemy when you have maybe half a dozen enemies can work. Doing it when there are forty -- and there will be -- is pants on head retarded. Zigzag from cover to cover.

Also, LET SOMEBODY ELSE GO FIRST. Never be point man unless you're in a well-organized squad. Just wait ten seconds and let someone else do Reconnaissance By Death for you.

Also twice, YOU WILL FEEL FEAR. At some point you're gonna look out across the battlefield or the courtyard and see what appears to be a hundred pissed-off enemies coming for you. Your gamer brain will love it. Your monkey brain will flip its shit, because it doesn't understand this isn't real. The usual result is a frisson of actual fear, accompanied by hysterical nervous laughter.

This is known as the 'Oh My God Moment' by PS veterans. I envy you yours.

/salutes

Tatwi
2013-02-07, 06:58 PM
I jumped just the day when I rounded a corner and took a scatmax to face. No idea what he was doing there, but was a real shit yer pants shocker. I have actually ducked for cover and managed to hide behind a concrete barrier for at least five minutes after a swarm of enemies took our position. It was poop yer drawers insane when people went right by me on my side of the barrier! Managed to sneak out of that one alive as heavy assault.

Hamma
2013-02-07, 07:01 PM
One post on the matter is enough - though as mentioned it's likely bug related.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=52685