View Full Version : [Proposed] ESF UI Changes

Pella
2013-02-08, 12:39 PM
Here are 2 things i would like to see when flying ESF's in 3rd person view

ui/hud

http://i.imgur.com/wXKXYVK.jpg

1: Is a Lock on Indicator in 3rd Person view while flying
2: An After Burner display.

Im sure allot of Pilots would like to see these added.

HiroshiChugi
2013-02-08, 12:48 PM
I'm pretty sure they're on the dashboard of the cockpit of your ESF...

HiroshiChugi
2013-02-08, 12:51 PM
In your case, here it is:

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/807/mosquitoselection.jpg

It's in the middle, on the upper section. And the lock on should appear in big red letters in the middle of your screen, along with a loud BEEP BEEP BEEP noise that repeats itself.

Pella
2013-02-08, 12:52 PM
Yes now. Press T when flying in 3rd person view as pictured and you cant see it....

Derp

HiroshiChugi
2013-02-08, 12:58 PM
Oh yeah, I didnt see the "3rd person view" thing xD anyways but yeah, it's not gunna happen. They will just strike it down with the Ban Hammer...and I can't see the picture, it's just a white box with a red X. But then again, I'm using a school computer xD

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:04 PM
Um. The draw back to third person is that you have zero information from your cockpit displays.

It should stay that way.

Pella
2013-02-08, 01:08 PM
Um. The draw back to third person is that you have zero information from your cockpit displays.

It should stay that way.

True, But when do you ever look at the cockpit? AB display is bugged. And AMMO is already displayed on the HUD.

Well you may look at it to check if your flares are ready. But that doesn't warrant your point.

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:17 PM
True, But when do you ever look at the cockpit?

When I am flying, or dog fighting, or need info about my aircraft and its armament?

maradine
2013-02-08, 01:21 PM
True, But when do you ever look at the cockpit?

People fly in 3rd person?

Pella
2013-02-08, 01:23 PM
When I am flying, or dog fighting, or need info about my aircraft and its armament?

Obviously you don't fly enough to comprehend or even make suggestion's on this concept.

Honestly what is it with people giving feedback on things they have absolutely no experience or simply no idea what there talking about??

People fly in 3rd person?

Yes, The best pilots maneuver in 3rd person view. Gives you a much bigger vision on where there enemy is heading.

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:26 PM
Obviously you don't fly enough to comprehend or make suggestion's on this concept.

Honestly what is it with people giving feedback on things they have absolutely no experience with??

I dunno! you made the thread!

But seriously, No. You want info, use the cockpit like a real pilot.

Here is the concept: You want info that is supposed to be resigned to first person only, in a First person shooter, that begrudgingly added 3ed person for vehicles only, in any view you want.

Response: No.

maradine
2013-02-08, 01:26 PM
Yes, The best pilots maneuver in 3rd person view. Gives you a much bigger vision on where there enemy is heading.

:rofl:

Mox
2013-02-08, 01:29 PM
I think using 3th person view would be op if we have the suggested HUD. No one could use first person anymore because it would be a huge disadvantage. I like 1th p. because it is way more immersive. Therefore, i dont like the idea.

Pella
2013-02-08, 01:34 PM
I dunno! you made the thread!

But seriously, No. You want info, use the cockpit like a real pilot.

Here is the concept: You want info that is supposed to be resigned to first person only, in a First person shooter, that begrudgingly added 3ed person for vehicles only, in any view you want.

Response: No.

I am not going to Entertain you on it. When you understand the mechanics of flying in Planetside 2. Then i will take your suggestion seriously. Until then, head over to the official forums and post your feedback with the rest of the people who have no idea.

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:36 PM
I am not going to Entertain you on it. When you understand the mechanics of flying in Planetside 2. Then i will take your suggestion seriously.

So, you got nothing to further your idea in the face of disagreement. Got yah.

EDIT: Lol @ Edit. Not going well over there either is it?

Look, its not a bad idea, however. Its an idea that was already Nixed. It does not jive with the game, or the idea of a FPS.

Would you also like cross-hairs? Mr.Elite Flyer in a game of internet bullets?

maradine
2013-02-08, 01:38 PM
I find it curious that you assert no one here has any idea what they're talking about. It makes it very difficult be rational with you. But, no true scotsman, eh?

Pella
2013-02-08, 01:39 PM
I think using 3th person view would be op if we have the suggested HUD. No one could use first person anymore because it would be a huge disadvantage. I like 1th p. because it is way more immersive. Therefore, i dont like the idea.

Yes that's a good point. It is Kinda OP but its part of the flying Mechanic. And everyone who is flying will be able to see it so no one really is at a disadvantage.

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:39 PM
I find it curious that you assert no one here has any idea what they're talking about. It makes it very difficult be rational with you. But, no true scotsman, eh?

I'm restraining myself!

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:40 PM
Yes that's a good point.

Its the same point everyone has made!

Pella
2013-02-08, 01:43 PM

Not at all. And i surely don't intend to come across that way. But i find it odd when 1 person. That clearly has no idea what he's talking about try's and demolish an idea. Its the bane of planetside.

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:46 PM
Not at all. And i surely don't intend to come across that way. But i find it odd when 1 person. That clearly has no idea what he's talking about try's and demolish an idea. Its the bane of planetside.

wut.

My first post was reasonable. Mr."Derp".

Pella
2013-02-08, 01:46 PM
Its the same point everyone has made!

No it is not. And everyone? You and 1 other person who's feed back is completely different to yours.

Gratz you just got the Lieutenant Colonel title.... Forum warrior much?

MrBloodworth
2013-02-08, 01:48 PM
No it is not. And everyone? You and 1 other person who's feed back is completely different to yours.

It should stay that way.

BAM. Then me telling you I fly and engage in first person sent you into a rage.

Anyway...
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q38/usnf/seinfield.gif

Pella
2013-02-08, 01:54 PM
BAM. Then me telling you I fly and engage in first person sent you into a rage.

Not in a rage at all.

Quietly laughing to myself.

Rbstr
2013-02-08, 02:20 PM

It should stay that way.

Yep.
Cockpit functionality being a bit wonky isn't a reason to throw away the initial logic. It's a reason to fix cockpit functionality.

Frankly I don't think third person belongs at all. There's free look. It seems like it was grudgingly added because? People needed to see where to land?
My response is: Learn the dimensions of your vehicle.

Pella: You're hardly making an sense while simply insulting the first person with a counter point instead of engaging the argument. Do you really think anyone is going to give you reasoned consideration?

Chewy
2013-02-08, 03:06 PM
Yep.
Cockpit functionality being a bit wonky isn't a reason to throw away the initial logic. It's a reason to fix cockpit functionality.

Frankly I don't think third person belongs at all. There's free look. It seems like it was grudgingly added because? People needed to see where to land?
My response is: Learn the dimensions of your vehicle.

Pella: You're hardly making an sense while simply insulting the first person with a counter point instead of engaging the argument. Do you really think anyone is going to give you reasoned consideration?

I never go out of 1st person view unless Im flying a libby, gal, or need to land an ESF. 90% of the time Im in 1st person where I have exact eyes on where Im going and can see what gaps I can get into and what I can't. With both libby and Gals not needing to be great movers I stay in 3rd person to see more of what's around me. Kinda feels cheap to be able to see an ESF coming from what should be a blind spot to the pilot.

Still wish there where choppers in PS2. Im shit in jets and planes, but give me a chopper and it'll dance in the skies. Made a small name for myself when my clan (Not DVS) needed a chopper pilot in ARMA 2.

NewSith
2013-02-08, 03:12 PM
Here are 2 things i would like to see when flying ESF's in 3rd person view

ui/hud

http://i.imgur.com/wXKXYVK.jpg

1: Is a Lock on Indicator in 3rd Person view while flying
2: An After Burner display.

Im sure allot of Pilots would like to see these added.

UMAD? HUD in third person is sooo 2003... *sarc*

HansGoddius
2013-02-08, 05:09 PM
I do not believe you should see ANY information while flying in third person. Is there like some sort of camera behind us that tells us information. I am a ESF pilot and frankly I wish they remove the A2AM locking indicator while in third person.

Maniya
2013-02-08, 10:59 PM
Well, you still can hear lock on warning even you are in 3rd person view point while you flying right? If you are not allowed to access any information while you are in 3rd person view, you should not be able to hear warning sound from cockpit while in 3rd person view. I don't think this UI change will hurt anything much.

If you going to apply this UI, then not just ESP, do it on ground vehicles as well, i guess.

Hamma
2013-02-09, 12:32 PM
I use both views, but first person more than anything.