PDA

View Full Version : [Miller] Holding Indar Against NC and TR combined forces

Davelantor
2013-02-08, 08:54 PM
Today some of the NC and TR outfits came together in an attempt to take away our Indar bonus ... which we been holding for over 3 weeks as far as i could see.

Needless to say, they failed.

Planetside 2 - Holding Indar Against Combined forces of NC and TR - On Our Casual Friday Event - YouTube

Canaris
2013-02-09, 05:27 AM
I love how you Vanu always claim the TR & NC gang up on them to remove the cont bonus, when only one side can take the cont, you think the TR would sit back and let the NC have it or vice versa? LMAO! If that's the case I have a bridge to sell you. Then again you VS will believe anything, that's why your VS.

Rolfski
2013-02-09, 05:51 AM
VS thin foil conspiracy propaganda, almost as reliable as this guy: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=bd8c248ca2

Sturmhardt
2013-02-09, 07:32 AM
Well I have to admit that some NC outfits kicked some vanu ass last night because we wanted to get the continent neutral. We locked VS into their warpgate from the north for 1 or 2 hours but the TR pussies teamed up with the VS and stabbed us in the back, so we couldn't finish our fine work. Watch out next time, vanu scum ;)

Thunderhawk
2013-02-09, 08:10 AM
Was fun last night even though we actually saw NC and TR outfits STANDING TOGETHER on top of a ledge with their Annhialators shooting down at VS coming out of the WG.....funny how an NC and TR AMS sunderer were parked not 50 meters apart and not touched by either side :rolleyes:

Yeah, not much cooperation going on there Canaris (no he wasn't on the ledge just was saying there wasnt any cooperation)

Either way, thats fine, if you need to work together to "try" to take away the indar cont lock we've had for weeks, thats fine.... more to shoot at.

Thunderhawk
2013-02-09, 08:15 AM
Also, as a sidenote......

The VS kept having to leave Indar and go to Amerish to get some resources and come back again in order to push out from the WG that was beseiged by both NC and TR....

Is that how the game should work ? bleed a faction from all it's resources so it cannot leave the WG and hence leaves the continent to get said resources back again ?

I am just curious if this was SOEs indirect way of kicking a faction off a continent even though they have a permanent WG.

We had to take it in turns to go to Amerish to get resources while those that already did so cam back to take over and kept swapping in and out. That's the main reason why we were stuck at the WG for most of the evening

(And still didn't lose the continent)

Sturmhardt
2013-02-09, 08:24 AM
Was fun last night even though we actually saw NC and TR outfits STANDING TOGETHER on top of a ledge with their Annhialators shooting down at VS coming out of the WG.....funny how an NC and TR AMS sunderer were parked not 50 meters apart and not touched by either side :rolleyes:

I was on the ledges with the annihilator teams of the NC during the whole siege and I can tell you that there were no TR around. The TR didn't even push to the warpgate from the west, they were always a few hexes away from the WG and somehow lost interest in the VS after a short while, and then went for ne NC warpgate in the north. In the rare case that a mossie found it's way to the VS warpgate it was shot down just like the scythes :p

Rolfski
2013-02-09, 08:31 AM
There was no outfit communication between NC and TR that night but even if there was: So what? Factions teaming up against the third one to break or prevent a continent lock is a perfect viable tactic, it's called metagame.

VR Draco
2013-02-09, 09:02 AM
I love how you Vanu always claim the TR & NC gang up on them to remove the cont bonus, when only one side can take the cont, you think the TR would sit back and let the NC have it or vice versa? LMAO! If that's the case I have a bridge to sell you. Then again you VS will believe anything, that's why your VS.

If you have continent-lock and you were pushed back to your warpgate, so that you ONLY have your warpgate, you LOOSE the continent-lock and the lock becomes neutral, so no one has it. It doesn't matter WHO has the hexes, just they don't belong to the continent-lock-owner.

So sure thing both enemies can "cooperate" against the continent-lock-owner. Maybe not 100%, but if their main forces are working against the continent-lock-owner, it is realy hard to defend it.

Brusilov
2013-02-09, 09:21 AM
Lies.

MarukCFC
2013-02-09, 05:34 PM
You hold it the second night. Congratulations for that from my side. I think, we had the hugest battles on this server since weeks. NC did not cap, but I think we all had a lot of fun.

Sturmhardt
2013-02-10, 07:24 AM
We were SO close!

SW held the North of the Vanu Warpgate again, but the west is harder to get to from our end of the map... but it was a great fight. Watch our VS, this will not be the last time ;)

Rolfski
2013-02-10, 07:32 AM
You hold it the second night. Congratulations for that from my side. I think, we had the hugest battles on this server since weeks. NC did not cap, but I think we all had a lot of fun.

The only reason VS still kept the continent lock yesterday was because of NC and TR NOT teaming up. At some point VS were back at a single base, Copper Ravine and NC were pulling off a massive air assault on that base.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8089/8460077585_437c9633a6_h.jpg

TR were hitting at that same last VS base also, causing a massive 3-way at Copper Ravine that didn't go anywhere for a long time. The lag was insane at times.
Just as VS were about to loose Indar continent lock (which they acquired pre-patch afaik), the NC suddenly started hitting TR who were at that time completely occupied into getting the continent on Neutral.

Nice move from NC but horrible timing (they should have waited for continent break) because in the end, nothing was achieved. VS broke out and got Mesa Skydock from NC, a place that's even harder to take than the Crown.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8391/8461153170_a3119cda6f_h.jpg

TR of course started capping back their lost territory and within 30 minutes everything was "business as usual" again.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8507/8460078863_84d964f1c0_h.jpg

Anyway, it was a great intense fight.

Sturmhardt
2013-02-10, 07:35 AM
Yeah... there are some really stupid NC with access to the orders channel that tried to get people to attack Allatum and Hvar all the time.... I don't know why. Orders channel is too easily accessible I guess :/

Rolfski
2013-02-10, 07:49 AM
Too bad NC didn't coordinate better yesterday. If you had left more dirty work for the TR to do vs the VS (NC should have stayed away from Copper Ravine) while doing a better job at containing the VS (giving away Mesa Skydock to VS was basically game-over) and timing your attack on TR better, you would have had a chance on gaining Indar on prime time.

zauberkraft
2013-02-10, 07:56 AM
Sweet :)
Why is the VS always thinking that TR and NC would communicate with each other. TR is full of dumb **** and most of their outfits are just awful.

Yesterday i played in a public platoon (Full and a well known outfit on miller) on esamir and then we got pushed back to our wg. But instead of defending the last fkn outpost they fought at allatum (cut off). So sad :-D

When i played my nc main and we pushed VS scums to their wg + nailed them down there .... fkn TR is attacking NC instead of stealing the last 2 facilitys to neutral the lock. epic teamwork though.
When is VS capping Indar ? I just saw it already capped overnight :)

No offense,but i never got owned by VS infantry . Just by armor zergs.

But since you are brainwashed, continue thinking that you are tough :-D

Sturmhardt
2013-02-10, 07:58 AM
I don't think we could have locked it during primetime, but we could have at least made it neutral.... well, maybe tonight :D

Btw, I hope you are right with the "evil" article in your Sig, I would love that.

Thunderhawk
2013-02-10, 08:02 AM
90% of the VS pop on indar was at Sky mesa Skydock....... other 10% trying to sneak facilities.

Good try guys, almost thinking of losing the lock just so we stop the mad 0 basing of VS every night on Indat but the longer we hold out for, the longer we wanna keep it :)

Rolfski
2013-02-10, 10:52 AM
I don't think we could have locked it during primetime, but we could have at least made it neutral.... well, maybe tonight :D

Btw, I hope you are right with the "evil" article in your Sig, I would love that.
You're right, I was lying. There was never a chance we would let you take Indar that night :D
And you can trust me on that "evil" article, Smedley is a passionate Eve player (http://themittani.com/features/mittani-interviews-soe-ceo-john-smedley).

90% of the VS pop on indar was at Sky mesa Skydock....... other 10% trying to sneak facilities.
The moment the NC let you take Mesa Skydock, we all knew within TR that it was basically game-over. We didn't have the manpower to do a mass coordinated multi stage attack on it (like you can see in some TE vs AT video) while still keeping VS at bay at Copper Ravine, nor were we expecting the NC to take it back.