PDA

View Full Version : Resource Boost for subscribers

Goldoche
2013-02-10, 02:53 AM
I think I'm probably the only one who complains about this, but the resource boost for subscribers is technically a "pay to win" mechanic and it should be removed.

I'm often short on infantry resources because there's so many consumables available. When my empire is losing, it happens often that I miss the minimal resources for a vehicle. It frustrates me because If I paid I'd probably be able to spam more grenades or c4, and pull out vehicles without waiting.

I'd really like to hear other people's opinion about this because I never saw a complaint about this problem. Hopefully they'll fix this "P2W" element during the resource rework, but it's still a few months away.

Mox
2013-02-10, 03:04 AM
Well the p2w issue was discussed several times.
Imo ps2 is p2w because of resource boosts (not only from the subscription) but also because of the op weapons in the shop. Others will tell you thats just convinience you buy...As always 1 iussue wiht severel opinions....

Goldoche
2013-02-10, 03:13 AM
Imo ps2 is p2w because of resource boosts (not only from the subscription) but also because of the op weapons in the shop.

What do you have in mind? I think the infantry weapons are pretty balanced. There's a few OP weapons (vulcan, annihilator, rocket pods, shotguns) but they all have some disadvantages and you can grind your way to them eventually anyway. Unlike these weapons, the resource bonus breaks a game mechanic completely and you MUST pay to have it.

Rolfski
2013-02-10, 06:33 AM
You don't need resources boosts to win in this game, therefore these are not p2w.
However, there are some weapons you do need in this game because the stock weapons don't cut it and these are so expensive that they have become p2w: rocket pods, dual bursters, Annihilator, Zepher or Dalton, GD-7F for NC, dual scatters for NC, etc.

For the rest this game is not p2w although tier 4 weapons are too expensive.

NewSith
2013-02-10, 06:43 AM
Resource Boost gives you percentage, not hard resource. If your empire is losing subscribers get only 3-4 more hard resource than you.

Also I forsee ""resource boost" contributes to the vehicle spam" comments incoming. Obviously not unlimited CP, no...

Mox
2013-02-10, 07:05 AM
What do you have in mind? I think the infantry weapons are pretty balanced. There's a few OP weapons (vulcan, annihilator, rocket pods, shotguns) but they all have some disadvantages and you can grind your way to them eventually anyway. As opposed to the resource bonus, it breaks a game mechanic completely and you MUST pay to have it.

Exactly the weapons you mentioned. By the way it no question about balance. Its a question about having the right gun for the right situation. When i am talking about OP weapons, i mean first and foremost vec weapons. The standard weapons on most vecs are shit. Thats why you need vulcans, halberts, pythons, hellfires, tomcats, daltons, etc.....
You can "grind" or lets say play for a longer time and you will get your resources too. Therefore buying boosts (shop or premium, resource or xp) is exactly the same as buying weapons in the shop. You simply get things faster. I call it p2w because i have an advantage for a certain amount of time. But a lot of other guys will call it convinience.

Sturmhardt
2013-02-10, 07:17 AM
Hmm... I don't really see it being that powerful. I never had a problem with not enough resources.... ever. It is always the cooldown that prevents me from pulling anything.

james
2013-02-10, 08:57 AM
I had premium for 1 month, and premium not for 1 month. The resource system is so broken that unless your grinding right outside of your warp gate you can't run out of resources

Mox
2013-02-10, 09:09 AM
Hmm... I don't really see it being that powerful. I never had a problem with not enough resources.... ever. It is always the cooldown that prevents me from pulling anything.

I see you are primarly fighting on the conts where your empire is winning or at least not in deep shit. If there are only a few hexes left for your empire you may get +10 or + 20 per cycle. You know how long it takes to gather the resources for a simple lightning unter that circumstances?

VR Draco
2013-02-10, 09:20 AM
I see you are primarly fighting on the conts where your empire is winning or at least not in deep shit. If there are only a few hexes left for your empire you may get +10 or + 20 per cycle. You know how long it takes to gather the resources for a simple lightning unter that circumstances?

And then what?

A subscriber gets 50% more at max...so he gets 5 oder 10 hard resources more. That makes the difference between winning and loosing? Stop kidding.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if you get 50% more resources, if you have are not pushed back to the warpgate, you have no problem. And if so, you have even a problem with resource booster. I don't see any problem, just that resources are quite useless.

yonman
2013-02-10, 09:22 AM

Yeah but as was mentioned earlier, even a 6 months' subscriber will get only an extra few resource points. That's not p2w.