PDA

View Full Version : Theory on better Fps

Rickyrozay
2013-02-12, 11:08 AM
I came up with an idea for cpu throttled players and I was just curious if it would work. Using a program like Bill2 process manager itemize all your services to use cores 3 and 4, and allow planetside 2 sole usage of 1, 2, 3 and 4. Since people keep saying it has a hard time using multiple cores why not just completely free up the one it does use. I've done it myself and I'm still trying to veryify, but I was wondering if anyone could provide more insight

Ailos
2013-02-13, 01:16 AM
Unless you're running distributed computing in the background that aims to eat up everything available, the Windows scheduler service takes care of everything you just said automatically. Any performance gains you notice will be highly negligible, but you may sacrifice a lot of stability for that extra half frame per second.

Rbstr
2013-02-13, 08:45 AM
If it has a hard time using multiple cores, my bet is simply because that's the nature of the stuff it needs the CPU to do: stuff that isn't readily made parallel.

That's generally why Intel chips do much better in gaming these days. They've got stronger cores, even though they don't necessarily have as many of them.