PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Dissapointed

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:05 PM
im kind of dissapointed in the empires actually

it seems they all posess some quality that makes me want to play them, and then they have another quality that makes them completely unapealing to me.

take the TR, fast weapons, i like that. cool colors and look, i like that too.
oppressive bastards, strategy depends on mass units, dont like that.

NC, nice damage, cool looking vehicles. i like that.
cool ass philosophy of freedom, i like that.
strategy of brute force. i hate that.

Vanu. nice technology, which i always love.
laser weps, ugh.
they look like purple pansie, borg-people.

see, if they had an empire with a cool ass philosophy of freedom, and strategy of highly mobile, fast firing raid type units, with a cool uniform mix between the TR and NC, i would choose them over all these empires.

Tobias
2002-11-27, 07:09 PM
NC is hypocritical, they preach freedom, yet when we ask them to join with us they reply with threats. They dont want to destroy the TR, thyy wont to rule it. Replacing one set of tyranical beliefs for another. The petty squabling of mortals, so sad.

Incompetent
2002-11-27, 07:11 PM
Do not doubt the mother empire, we will lead you through these turbulent times and prevent the anarchy and insanity that lives with the separitists

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:11 PM
and another fault i would like to add to the Vanu,
they are EXTREMELY arrogant, and they seem extremely evil

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:12 PM
propaganda mode off in this thread plz

�io
2002-11-27, 07:12 PM
Ummm every empire is arrogant.

:lol:

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:14 PM
well, u know what i mean about the vanu, they are exceptionally so.

i wish there were an empire that somewhat mimicked american military doctrine.
1.mobility
2.training
3.technology

with the political air of the american and other free world governments of today, only fighting when they themselves, or an ally, or an innocent population is threatened. freedome all the way, with minimal violence in other words

Tobias
2002-11-27, 07:17 PM
Just remember:

The end justifies the means.

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:17 PM
not in my book

Tobias
2002-11-27, 07:39 PM
Thats because you book is wrong.

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:41 PM
u know how the borg think that they are enlightened, unbeatable, and have the best technology and weapons?

well, then why do they always get their ass kicked by picard and janeway?

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:41 PM
tobias if u didnt guess already, that post above was metaphorical :)

Tobias
2002-11-27, 07:43 PM
Because the people who wrote the srcipt made them lose, else those two would have been pwned, anyway starwars pwnz star treck....

Incompetent
2002-11-27, 07:45 PM
B5>star trek>star wars (they might as well have shot themselves in the foot with episode 2)

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:46 PM
well, then, the empire, with all its infinite technology got owned pretty bad.

either way, my metaphore works.

point is, Vanu are extremely arrogant and they seem sadistic, like those nemesis dudes from the new star trek movie.

the NC have a cool demeanor, but i hate their strategy and shotgun-like weapons.

The TR just suck, like nazi germany, and will most likely get owned.

Tobias
2002-11-27, 07:49 PM
Episod one and two, though with great special effects and battles, were not in my book starwars, it was George Lucus's vision after to much crack maybe?
The first three movies and the books is what starwars is. There are no "Meta Cloarines"(sp?) (that sounds like something you put in your pool to kill bacteria twices as good!) and mosta the other hogwash he has had in the last two films. And what he did to Boba fett has condemed him to a special place in hell. You just dont fook with Fett.

Incompetent
2002-11-27, 07:49 PM
The nazis were fucking evil, but they were by no means pwned. France was pwned, germany put up a hell of a fight and only lost becuase they were down 5 to one. Don't get me wrong, i hate nazis more then anything, but they could fight.

Tobias
2002-11-27, 07:50 PM
Not sadistic, just Uncaring.

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:51 PM
ok, please keep on topic, here, which would be faults of the empires philisophically, aesthetically, and strategically (NO PROPAGANDA!).
feel free to include what u think the perfect empire would be also

Doobz
2002-11-27, 07:52 PM
Uncaringness leads to sadicism

Tobias
2002-11-27, 08:03 PM
The Vanu is the perfect empire.

Doobz
2002-11-27, 08:15 PM
^
i must be clairvoyant, because that is EXACTLY what i predicted he would say