PDA

View Full Version : game won't launch...weird

dcman
2013-03-01, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone I just joined this forum to ask for help about this weird problem with PS2. So I decided to try and play this amazing game on my laptop after making sure it is in fact able to run it. I downloaded it via Steam for the first time and as soon as I saw "play now" I clicked on it and everything worked from there on. I made an account, the game launched, I created a character, set up my graphics settings to absolute lowest (I'm okay with that) and I played with no problems for about an hour.

The very next day I tried to play again but when I clicked play now on steam nothing happened. I thought the game did not launch so I tried again but I got an error message saying that the application is already running. 2-3 minutes later PS2 appeared in my taskbar but I only saw what usually is a Launch Window except it was black this time. I have to close it from the taskbar and that's it. I don't get to type my username/pass or anything. I tried launching the game from the folder, both Launchpad and PS2, as administrator, in compatibility mode, reboots, everything I could think of but the result was always the same. I removed the game then installed it again, nothing. I removed it again and downloaded the game client from EU Planetside 2 website. Tried installing that way, it installed DirectX and then nothing. I went to SOE folder, clicked on PS2 again, and again got nothing. I installed the game again via steam, this time on my C drive and as before used the "verify integrity of game cache", as always it checked, said that one file failed to verify, downloaded it but it simply doesn't work.

I'm using Asus N53SV laptop with i7 2630Qm, GeForce GT 540m, 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 64bit. I'm not thinking about playing this game on high settings, I played it on the lowest resolution possible and I was fine with it. If anyone can help I would appreciate it!

PS: sorry for a long post but I figured if I described everything as detailed as possible it would help.

Ailos
2013-03-01, 05:26 PM
Did you install anything on your laptop between when you first played the game and when you first started having issues?

dcman
2013-03-02, 05:13 AM
No, I'm pretty sure I didn't, I woke up the next day (after short time playing) and the problem started to happen. I also read online that removing any USB controllers can help, but mine wasn't connected for like a week. Honestly I'm ready to completely wipe my computer, start clean, like factory reset if that will help me play this game.

dcman
2013-03-02, 12:51 PM
any ideas? Someone? Would completely wiping my system help?

Ailos
2013-03-04, 12:56 AM
any ideas? Someone? Would completely wiping my system help?
Well, if you've got the time and don't have too much stuff to restore, then do it. I mean, I know some folks that wipe their system every six months just to keep it fresh.

baconchaney
2013-03-05, 01:52 PM
if it helps I had a similar problem when i first installed PS2, try checking your steam cache just incase any of the files didnt dowload correctly/ were corrupted during an update etc