PDA

View Full Version : NEW Post holiday Dev threads!

MrVicchio
2002-12-02, 04:22 PM
(*( You guys didn't think I was neglecting my duty did you? The devs were on vacation, so now you can relax, thier back and so are the Dev Threads brought to oyu by your friendly Forum Hound )*)

Author Topic: Official Empire Forums
SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-02-2002 01:49 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you go to the recruiting sites, you should see a "forum" link for each of them.
This is where all healthy hyperbole and diatribe for each of your Empires should be aired out and practiced before inflicting it on those unworthy of being in your own Empire.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum2/HTML/000461.html

MrVicchio
2002-12-02, 04:23 PM
Author Topic: Release date?????
upchuck9899
Station Member
Registered: Nov 2002 posted 12-02-2002 12:36 PM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i just called electronic boutique and asked them about planetside and they say as of right now its coming out March 15. So thats the release date so far.

**** DEV REPLY *****

SmokeJumperPS
Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-02-2002 12:45 PM user search report post
The only official release date announcement has been Q1, 2003. That's still what we're sticking to.
Any dates that you see which appear to be more precise than that are actually fabrications.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum2/HTML/000458.html

MrVicchio
2002-12-02, 04:24 PM
Author Topic: PS in CGW
XFireFrenzyX
Station Member
Registered: Oct 2001 posted 12-02-2002 11:40 AM user search report post
Posting this on a few forums, not to spam, but to get the word out.
Well i got my latest issue of Computer Gaming World (CGW) this month, boy i love getting free magazines. Anyway, i flip through it really quickly just as i get it, and what catches my eye, but a Vanu male. Was quite surprised to see it, then i flip around to see an ad for each of the new empire specific websites (but let it be known, The Vanu's ad IS the best ). Well, a few pages back was an entire 2 page Preview of PS itself. First thing i saw was a screenshot labeled "A squadron of Vanu mosquitos prepares to attack." which has a masquito in the middle, and what looks to be two extremely nice looking reavers on each side of it. Theres another screen of a NC guy standing in front of a vehicle (possibly the APC, i haven't seen it for a while) with a ton of bullet holes in it, very cool. Two seperate screens of a group of TR and NC guys, about to go into combat.

The preview itself wasn't bad either, had two quotes from devs, Kevin McCann and Dave G himself. They go through the aspects of why someone would pay the sub to play a first person shooter. They made a hint on the game being $15 dollars a month. One thing i didn't like to see though, was that the (estimated, of course) release date is now Q2 2003.

Go pick it up if you haven't already! It's the January 2003 issue of Computer Gaming World, with a Tron 2.0 front cover.

******** DEV RESPONSE **************

Station Admin
Registered: Sep 2001 posted 12-02-2002 12:18 PM user search report post
The article is generally pretty cool.
I just have one thing to say. The quote attributed to me was NOT said by me.

I'll admit to occasionally being confident and proud about the games I work on, but there is no way I would have said the sorts of things they have me saying about how there is "no gameplay" in games like UT2K3 or Quake III. I mean...c'mon...sheesh.

So...take the quote with a grain of salt, please. And remember that journalists often take liberties with things marked as "quotes" in their articles.

P.S., Yes...those flight vehicles with the "hard cockpits" (no windows) are Reavers. And the vehicle with all the bullet holes is a Deliverer.

Release date is still Q1, 2003, by the way.

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside/Forum2/HTML/000454.html