PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or

Zatrais
2002-12-03, 04:44 AM
does that Vanu MAX look like the Invid from robotech?

http://www.vanusovereignty.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?collection=ps_vanu_soldiers&img=4

could just be my mind playing tricks on me again tho =D

Hamma
2002-12-03, 07:02 AM
Was just about to make a news post about this. Congrats, you've created the comments thread. :D

Tobias
2002-12-03, 07:20 AM
What? I cant hear you? What? Oh, we were right, the secound color is black, with teal high lights only. thank you. Purple and Black! Proving the Vanu are never wrong.

Incompetent
2002-12-03, 07:37 AM
What, is that tobias not realizing the amount of black is based on the armor type, oh yes it is.

Mold
2002-12-03, 08:24 AM
The stealth suits loot tight! And ya are there any jump jets on that MAX unit....i wonder if it can change form too!?

Incompetent
2002-12-03, 09:04 AM
yes there are jumpjets on the Vanu max, but nothing like tribes jets. I don't think the cost in armor and survivablity is worth it tho.

KoldFusion
2002-12-03, 09:34 AM
HOld on! WTF?!?! The vanu get dark purple and BLACK???? so when the go up rank they become black?? What the hell! and the NC become yellow and TR become red...... how is that fair..... while the cowardly Vanu can hide at almost any time of day it won't matter when the NC are out b/c we will be like BIG X-Mas lights..... and that is sooooooo weak. :( Ah, well what can you do though....... but i still thinks it stinks. my two cents

Tobias
2002-12-03, 09:38 AM
If this armor can use a bolt driver, then its the one i want to use:

http://www.vanusovereignty.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?collection=ps_vanu_soldiers&img=6

Hamma
2002-12-03, 10:03 AM
I just dont see them becoming black.. doesent seem fair. But who knows, im sure it will work out in the longrun. They said night time isnt too dark due to bright stars

Incompetent
2002-12-03, 10:08 AM
ITS NOT BECOMING BLACK DAMNIT. The armor plates change color, not the clothing there mounted on, jesus fucking christ why can't you get that through your heads. Look, now the NC are becoming black to. (http://www.newconglomerate.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?collection=ps_newconglomerate_soldier s&img=1)

God damn Vanu, and you wonder why we don't want you tinkering with things that can destroy the universe.

edit: and thats a medium, so yes it can, the only exo-suit with weapon restrictions is the stealth

Zarparchior
2002-12-03, 10:51 AM
OMG! Save us from the *******! :eek:

Hamma
2002-12-03, 11:03 AM
easy there Incompetent, try to take deep breaths.

Qanamil_Rafiki
2002-12-03, 11:38 AM
Incompetent said:
and thats a medium, so yes it can, the only exo-suit with weapon restrictions is the stealth

So you can run around in the heavier armors while using a sniper rifle? I was thinking maybe they would make it only the stealthsuit as a power issue.

Incompetent
2002-12-03, 11:46 AM
MAXs are considered powered armor, not exo-suits, and i don't think basics will have enough inventory space because, for the sake of balance, i'm guessing the BD takes up a lot of space.

Also, how the hell can you consider a invisible sniper balanced, did you go insane when noone was looking.

Zarparchior
2002-12-03, 12:17 PM
Snipers are bad enough. Don't get me started on stealth Snipers. :mad:

Lazare
2002-12-03, 01:03 PM
why are there 5 armortypes for every sex?
i thought there would be 4

stealth
light
assault
MAX

can you go out without armor at all or what?

Incompetent
2002-12-03, 01:08 PM
they have a basic kevlar for someone who doesn't need armor (tankers, reaver/galaxy pilots and such) and wants to use the cert for something else, but i can't imagine many people who will fight without an exo-suit or MAX.

Lazare
2002-12-03, 01:14 PM
oh ok so one is only kinda like uniform?
and by the way, the secondary color of the vanu armor is not black but this strange green. Only the kevlar parts and stuff is black. Armorplates are purple or green.

Airlift
2002-12-03, 02:04 PM
I think it looks kind of Metroid Primish.

Also, are you sure it's a Max? I think that is just the Vanu heavy armor, which is actually smaller than the max. Or am I crazy-wrong again?

Incompetent
2002-12-03, 02:16 PM
The MAX is the heavy armor.

Airlift
2002-12-03, 02:19 PM
Ok, thanks. It still looks like Samus' armor.

SmokeJumper
2002-12-03, 02:24 PM
Confirmation of the above: Vanu colors are purple and a tealish-green. As Vanu gain in rank, their armor gets more of that tealish color. It actually looks pretty amazing. Very sea-shellish colors.

Lexington_Steele
2002-12-03, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Lazare
why are there 5 armortypes for every sex?
i thought there would be 4

stealth
light
assault
MAX

can you go out without armor at all or what?

Wasn't it:

regular armor, (pictures 1 & 6)
heavy armor, (pictures 2 & 7)
Agile Exo suit. (pictures 3 & 8)
Stealth (pictures 4 & 9)
MAX (picture 5)

Zumthor
2002-12-03, 02:39 PM
Too bad, black and purple would have been cool and unfair.
:D

Jinxmasta
2002-12-03, 02:45 PM
There isn�t a ton known about the armors, other than you originally spawn with a default "light armor" Additionally players will be able to certify in several other armor types. Below is a list of the known armors.

Infiltration Suit
Agile Exo-Suit
Reinforced Exo-Suit
MAX or "Heavy" Armor

There ya go! Oh and Infiltration Suit = Stealth Suit, Reinforced Exo-Suit = Medium Armor.

Diviant
2002-12-03, 02:48 PM
Considering the look of the TR MAX (http://www.onelook.de/games/planetside/img/pages/planetside_43.htm) and the NC MAX (http://www.onelook.de/games/planetside/img/pages/planetside_43.htm) I don't think that is the Vanu MAX.

Those are links^^

Jinxmasta
2002-12-03, 02:50 PM
It's not our fault we don't make our MAX look fat and ugly. Instead we got a cool looking one with a gangsta gun thingie!

Zatrais
2002-12-03, 03:04 PM
I tought it whent like this
4 armors for each sex

The one you spawn whit, standard
1 infiltrator, cloaking
1 agile/fast
1 Medium

and the MAX armor thats unisex

that makes 5 armors whit 4 that you need certificats for... i kinda doubt we'll need a cert for the standard armor altho spawning naked has it's pro's :D

SandTrout
2002-12-03, 04:31 PM
In every screenshot I've seen, I have only seen 4 armors.

There are 3 exo-suits:
1)Agile/light
2)Stealth
3)Reinforced/Medium

These will probably be identical between the 3 empires.

Each Empire also has its own powered-armor/MAX(anyone know what it is an acronym for?)
Terran Republic: Glitterboys that brace into the ground(from RIFTs)
New Conglomerage: Shielded BFG
Vanu Sovereignty: Tribes Myrmidon

Zatrais
2002-12-03, 04:39 PM
Sorry Sand but you're wrong.... Look at some recent pics... follow the link on the official PS website and look at the empire specific websites. Can clearly see 5 types of armor total and they differ from empire to empire.

Hamma
2002-12-03, 05:02 PM
Thanks Dave for that confirmation. hehe, for those that didnt see it:

Confirmation of the above: Vanu colors are purple and a tealish-green. As Vanu gain in rank, their armor gets more of that tealish color. It actually looks pretty amazing. Very sea-shellish colors.

Zarparchior
2002-12-03, 05:39 PM
Er... What are the TR's colors again? Black and red, right?
So... wouldn't that just put the TR in the same perdiciment as the VS "were"? Or am I missing something?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Incompetent
2002-12-03, 05:45 PM
I don't see what your getting at?

Airlift
2002-12-03, 06:00 PM
I think Zarp is suggesting that having black as one of their colors will make them more difficult to see, much as people were suggesting when the thought was that Vanu's second color was black.

Here is what I see as the difference: With Black & Red, black is the primary color and red is the secondary. Thus it is the newbies who will be mostly clad in black and the veterens will be mostly red.

If Vanu was Purple primary, black secondary, the situation would be reversed, and the elite would be wearing black and the newbies purple. But instead, they will mostly be wearing teal, which is theoretically less of an advantage than black.

Zarparchior
2002-12-03, 06:10 PM
Exactly. But it isn't necessarily "newbs" who will be clad in black; just the people who do not participate in getting a good amount of CEPs. Plus, wouldn't you want it the way it is for the TR? You may be commander and get sniped because you're wearing red - but your little squad wins the battle because of their inky-black duds. That's why I was just a little confused. And still am. :)

Lexington_Steele
2002-12-03, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Zarparchior
Exactly. But it isn't necessarily "newbs" who will be clad in black; just the people who do not participate in getting a good amount of CEPs. Plus, wouldn't you want it the way it is for the TR? You may be commander and get sniped because you're wearing red - but your little squad wins the battle because of their inky-black duds. That's why I was just a little confused. And still am. :)

You also get markings for getting BEPs. You just get different markings than the ones that CEPs give you. They will both be of the secondary color.

So people who have not recieved many Experience Points (be they Battle or Command) would be the most Black/Blue/Purple.

Tobias
2002-12-03, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by SmokeJumper

Lies! All lies!

Noooooooooo!

/em goes off into a corner and crys.

KoldFusion
2002-12-03, 10:27 PM
There there Tobias...... At least teh Vanu don't have the pansy pinkish purple :)
Thanks Smoke for clearing that up for us (me).
Incompentant,
Use alittle more tack next time you post... that "jesus fucking christ" stuff just doesn't cut it. You may not have been singling me out.... but i sure felt like you were. If I pissed you off with comments then i'm sorry.... it has been one shitty week for me and maybe i should have posted differently.
/me apologizes to the community

Incompetent
2002-12-04, 12:24 AM
sorry, but i just get annoyed when people ignore commonly known information, not to mention i haven't exactly had the greatest week ever either. (and i was yelling at tobias, he ignored 2 or 3 threads about color)

KoldFusion
2002-12-04, 12:57 AM
the only reason i went ape about the color was b/c i had always thought it was teal..... it just caught me by suprise thats all.... but it was confirmed teal so i'll shut up now

Warborn
2002-12-04, 01:15 AM
It wasn't clear on the old armor what the secondary colour was, but it's very obvious with the new armor. The dashes of teal should have been a dead giveaway.

Hamma
2002-12-04, 07:07 AM
Thats what we are here for. To answer questions and discuss PS, no need to rip eachothers heads off over it. Save that till beta :D

KoldFusion
2002-12-04, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Warborn
It wasn't clear on the old armor what the secondary colour was, but it's very obvious with the new armor. The dashes of teal should have been a dead giveaway.

Maybe so.... but not everyone is as enlightened as you :D

Arglaar
2002-12-04, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by SmokeJumper

/me waits for the Screenies of all the Officers.. :D

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 01:44 PM
I don't think they have any pics of TR or Vanu officers right now. The only empire's officers I have seen are the NC.

Zarparchior
2002-12-04, 01:56 PM
Too bad... I want to see what everyone looks like. Officers, grunts, MAXs, and all. :D

Tobias
2002-12-04, 05:59 PM
tough cookies.