PDA

View Full Version : So how do you invade a locked continent then?

OpolE
2014-07-12, 07:00 AM
Bit annoyed because on Hossin the slightest tap of a tree and the air units flip!!!!!!

So wen to go to somewhere like Esamir and its bloody locked isn't it!

War Barney
2014-07-12, 08:42 AM
Hossin is great for air the trees give so much cover its almost impossible to stop them, all you need to do is be a good enough pilot to not constantly hit the very obvious trees.

As for unlocking, sadly only when you lock another cont =( so you get funneled onto conts people hate. Its been ages since I had a good fight on indar, its constantly hossin with the 1 cont that isn't locked being ghost capped by 60% pop for the lovely OP as hell bonus it gives.

STOMPIE
2014-07-12, 06:59 PM
Barney. Excuse my lack of knowledge but you are well aware of my PS2 thirst for answers before it releases on PS4. So with that in mind can you tell me what "ghost capping" is please?

Cheers

Baneblade
2014-07-12, 07:00 PM
Continents are unlocked as others are locked.

War Barney
2014-07-12, 07:48 PM
Barney. Excuse my lack of knowledge but you are well aware of my PS2 thirst for answers before it releases on PS4. So with that in mind can you tell me what "ghost capping" is please?

Cheers

Capturing empty bases with no resistance, especially since they added OP lock bonuses its become a even bigger part of gameplay, people will spend hours ghost capping bases to get the bonus.

ringring
2014-07-13, 04:34 AM
Capturing empty bases with no resistance, especially since they added OP lock bonuses its become a even bigger part of gameplay, people will spend hours ghost capping bases to get the bonus.

Ghost capping can be a good thing, if done for strategic reasons.

Sometimes, especially in the old PS1 people would ghost cap one of your bases on a different continent and someone would then have to leave the fight and go and resecure. A PIA but a job that needed to be done. That particular dynamic doesn't really occur in that way in PS2 since the meta game is lacking.

'Ghost' refers to the fact that the 'capper' is often a Infil ie 'cloaker' and finding him can be a problem. When you go to resecure a base you can resecure but if the cloaker hides he can simply rehack once you leave unless you find and kill him.

War Barney
2014-07-13, 08:55 AM
It might have been a good tactic at one time but now its a meta where people just avoid fighting to farm exp or get the OP lock bonuses. The infiltrator version is by far the worst though.. with stalker cloak they are now perfectly invisible while crouched so beside checking every single inch of the base with a light you will never find them and doing that could take more time than its worth (well it WILL)

ringring
2014-07-13, 10:21 AM
It might have been a good tactic at one time but now its a meta where people just avoid fighting to farm exp or get the OP lock bonuses. The infiltrator version is by far the worst though.. with stalker cloak they are now perfectly invisible while crouched so beside checking every single inch of the base with a light you will never find them and doing that could take more time than its worth (well it WILL)
In ps2 the only time I've seen it being actually useful is in an event.

Other times you're right, it's just a cheap way to get a few certs for doing nothing much. However, I wouldn't blame the people who do it, it's all down to the devs who have designed a game that gives XP for stuff such as this.

War Barney
2014-07-13, 12:12 PM
True, I'm sure theres a name for it but if you give a player a optimum means of doing something they will always do it, whether its an exploit or incredibly OP setup (or in this case capping bases for free).

Its this same thing which makes people stay in spawn rooms and fight in biolabs for months on end, best certs with no effort. They really need to focus on making certs easier to get with proper team work instead of making grind fests and ghost capping the optimum way of doing it.

STOMPIE
2014-07-13, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I remember a video i watched on youtube of a guy who was doing exactly how you have explained ghost capping. He was literally going from generator to point with no-one in sight, explaining along the way what to do to get cheap certs....

Thanks for all the insight.:)