PDA

View Full Version : So i was at the Vanu Forums and....

Tobias
2002-12-04, 10:40 AM
Its like the OF forums, but worse. I am looking at the things that some of my Fellow Vanu are posting, and thinking, are these the people that will be fighting on my side. A few guys try and get their ideas across and the trolls and pyros roll up and start shooting them down, and when they are down they kick and spit on it. There are a few good people there but sheesh, half those people are assholes. I cant believe my own people would act so childishly. If you want some exsamples of it look to these posts and see what happens to fresh ideas on those forums:

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside-vanusovereignty/Forum2/HTML/000019.html

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/planetside-vanusovereignty/Forum2/HTML/000014.html

friendly folks? I think I will stay here.

Hamma
2002-12-04, 10:53 AM
Classic.

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 01:40 PM
OMG I accidently hit back and deleted my post. So this one probably won't be close to being as long as the other one because I don't feel like writing it all over again. So here's a summary:

I never shot down the guy's idea about religious fanatics. I just said that I would have serious second thoughts on becoming Vanu if all of us were religious fanatics. Sure, some are fine, but do you really want your entire empire like the Al-Queda? Maybe if he rephrased it to something different because in my eyes, religious fanatic means being a terrorist.

Onto the name thread, I know I didn't say anything wrong here and I have to say that the guy's reply (forgot his name) was sort of cruel and I actually like the sound of Dark Raven :D even though some names like his type of names are cool too. BTW, my name is the best. Flying Sea Monkeys Who Shoot People With Big Guns.

In all, I don't think I have done anything especially mean in that forum but I do agree that there are some mean people there. However, I will probably keep posting unless it gets too bad. After all, I do have the highest post count so I do hold SOME authority.

Tobias
2002-12-04, 04:29 PM
No no Jinxmasta your posts are fine, its people like abemaster and Abhortion, whose posts have about as much useful content as a pile of dead babies.

Zarparchior
2002-12-04, 05:01 PM
There are a few truths that need to be realized. Most important:

People are idiots - across the boards.

What other species would ever in their wildest dreams impeach a president for lying about having sex, yet be perfectly happy and content when representatives at the last second change the homeland security bill to protect a pharmacutical company from virtually any lawsuits? Who did it? Well... no one knows! It just magically appeared there!

Only in politics does this make sense. Only in politics would that actually work.

Tobias
2002-12-04, 05:03 PM
I like the people here, and some of the people at PSI, the others though, well....

Hamma
2002-12-04, 05:11 PM
We :love: u too

Tobias
2002-12-04, 05:17 PM
Do you :love: me as much as you :love: the hot Vanu chicks?

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 05:45 PM
Sorry buddy but the Hot Vanu Chicks are just a tid bit better. Sorry man :(

Tobias
2002-12-04, 05:58 PM
*sniff* *sniff*

Lexington_Steele
2002-12-04, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Zarparchior
There are a few truths that need to be realized. Most important:

People are idiots - across the boards.

What other species would ever in their wildest dreams impeach a president for lying about having sex, yet be perfectly happy and content when representatives at the last second change the homeland security bill to protect a pharmacutical company from virtually any lawsuits? Who did it? Well... no one knows! It just magically appeared there!

Only in politics does this make sense. Only in politics would that actually work.

I agree that people are idiots but there were political reasons for the examples you gave.

Obviously Repulicans would gain power if the Democratic president were impeached.

As far as the pharmacudical tack on, that was probably a political move to make sure the bill fails. Politics is very slippery like that. :evil:

Senator Jesse Helms (R. North Carolina) was notorious for tacking things, like free milk for expecting mothers, onto bills that were flawed and destined to fail. Then he would mail the constituents of representatives who voted against it, saying that their representative voted against free milk for expecting mothers. :nazi:

�io
2002-12-04, 09:59 PM
here = cosy, comfy,friendly(99% of the time) forum

Station boards = BAD

/me :love: & :hug: everybody (but not you Tobias, your religious devotion to Vanu scares me :p)

Tolvy
2002-12-04, 10:05 PM
One of the reasons im not in Vanu: They put others down all the time. SHEESH! the game hasn't even started yet and Vanu are already arguing over battle plans.

�io
2002-12-04, 10:58 PM
Nah VS isn't worse than any other Faction, Tobias is just posting more often than the NC and TR fanatics. :)

Tobias
2002-12-05, 05:51 AM
We were putting down one another in those threads =p.

Hamma
2002-12-05, 07:50 AM
:lol:

no good

Tobias
2002-12-05, 10:45 AM
Thats another thing that ticks me off, when people from the TR and NC sights come and basicaly say:

Vanu blow, <empire here> is gonna pwnz those queer mofos!

and that makes me mad. Why cant they stick to their forums and spread their BS there?

Incompetent
2002-12-05, 10:53 AM
No one sticks to there forums there, which kind of defeats the purpose. Personnaly i think Hamma should set up empire forums here since the official ones are such utter crap.

Tobias
2002-12-05, 10:56 AM
I agree. Vanu Power.

Unregistered
2002-12-05, 11:11 AM
Empire forums would be hard to manage.

What would there purpose be? Serious empire disscussion? What about funny stuff like Hot Vanu Babes? Would you still share the jokes with the rest of us? What do we do if someone who is one empire starts messing with another empire?

As you can imagine the list of reasons not to can grow pretty large :D

Airlift
2002-12-05, 12:13 PM
I agree with Unreg. Not only for the reasons he stated, but also because the PSU forum is one community, not three. Part of the fun of these forums is the mix of people who have already chosen their empires (and the joy of taunting them all).

KoldFusion
2002-12-05, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Dio
Nah VS isn't worse than any other Faction, Tobias is just posting more often than the NC and TR fanatics. :)

Nah we are just doing it in secret! :) We won't be able to see you sissies coming anyway! So we need to keep our shit on the DL! :)

Tobias
2002-12-05, 12:59 PM
I guess we are just one big family. The TR is like the old grandfather and the NC is like the stoner brother....Vanu is like the...uh....computer boy...

�io
2002-12-05, 01:19 PM
Yeah i prefer one big mixed forum. Besides i suspect most of the strategery will be done in game on the spot since it's a constant and ever changing world.