PDA

View Full Version : What Will Your Certs Be?

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 01:57 PM
So what certs are you planning on getting? Here is my list from highest priority to lowest priority:

1. Lancer
2. Medium Armor
3. Pulsar
4. Mosquito
5. Thumper
6. Lasher
7. Reaver
8. Still to be decided
9. Still to be decided

I was going to get the bolt driver quite early but then decided for a 12x Zoom implant and use the Lancer instead. For outside battles I'll be using a Lancer and a Pulsar while inside I will use a Lasher/Pulsar (depends) and a Thumper. The Thumper should be an effective way to clear out rooms without actually going in the room. The mosquito will be for missions by myself to snipe stuff out with the Lancer and the Reaver will be for larger battles. I will always be using Medium Armor. Now I just need something for the 8th and 9th slot.

Lexington_Steele
2002-12-04, 03:08 PM
1 Mosquito/Reaver (depending which I like better)
2 Pulsar/Supressor (depending on which I like better)
3 Hacking Cert
4 Reaver/Mosquito (the one I didn't already pick)
5 Stealth Suit
6 Vanu pistol
7 Wraith
8 Lancer
9 Grenades
10 Agile Exosuit
11 Supressor/pulsar (the one I didn't already pick)

*edit* (changed bassilisk to wraith (the cloaking quad cycle))

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 03:12 PM
We're gonna need certs for grenades? Dang! I might make 8 a plasma grenade and 9 a normal frag grenade.

Tobias
2002-12-04, 03:25 PM
Not sure if they allow Specilization with guns (smaller firing cone)
if they dont:
1: Medium Armor
2: Light Armor
3: Bolt Driver
4: Beamer
5: Pulsar
6: Skeeter
7: Medical Applicator
8: REK
9: Vanu Buggy

If they allow specilized weapons and skills:
1: Medium Armor (if it can use Bolt driver, else light)
2: Bolt Driver
3: Bolt Driver Again
4: Beamer
5: Skeeter
6: Medical Applicator
7: Medical Applicator Again
8: Vanu Buggy
9: REK

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 03:29 PM
Here's my new one cause I have changed my mind some since last time:

1. Lancer
2. Medium Armor
3. Pulsar
4. Mosquito
5. Thumper
6. Medical Applicator
7. Plasma Grenade
8. REK
9. Frag Grenade

Here it is with specialization:

1. Lancer
2. Medium Armor
3. Pulsar
4. Mosquito
5. Thumper
6. Lancer (again)
7. Pulsar (again)
8. Plasma Grenade
9. Medical Applicator

Oh and the only implant that I really want is the 12x Zoom. Oh yeah, the Lancer Sniper.

SandTrout
2002-12-04, 04:00 PM
The devs have stated VERY clearly that have high certification will NOT increase your acuracy.

They just allow you to access the more advanced equipment.

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 04:02 PM
And what would this advanced equipment be?

Da King
2002-12-04, 04:14 PM
Heres my list regardless of Empire

1. Hacking
2. Hacking
3. Hacking
4. Hacking
5. Hacking
6. Hacking
7. Hacking
8. Hacking
9. Advanced Hacking

I rest my case

Airlift
2002-12-04, 04:21 PM
Mine will pretty much be all aircraft, APCs, and tanks. Hacking too, so I can find a ride home.

SVoyager
2002-12-04, 04:32 PM
mine will pretty much be idem as airlift.

tranport, fighter plane, apc, maybe tank, hacking. the rest i dunno

Zatrais
2002-12-04, 04:40 PM
1. MAX

thats about it for a while =P

Hamma
2002-12-04, 05:00 PM
Certifications was one of our dev questions :D

Powerflux
2002-12-04, 05:04 PM
1. Galaxy
2. Lancer
3. Some sort of armor Between Light-Medium
4. Land APC
5. Pulsar
6. Stealth (Is that a Cert?)
7. Hacking
8. Vanu Pistol dealy
9. Vanu MAX (Just for the jump jets :D )

Mold
2002-12-04, 05:10 PM
Medium armor
Pulsar
Beamer
personal shield
regeneration
second wind
lancer

wow there are a lot of vanu people on this post

Tobias
2002-12-04, 05:14 PM
for implants i would want the magnification one, the regen on, and the one that lets me see sneaks.

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 05:18 PM
I would also go with the Range Magnifier, Second Wind, and Darklight Vision.

Da King
2002-12-04, 05:20 PM
Aww the darklight vision I have a felling in my gut that tells me thats going to be important

Zarparchior
2002-12-04, 05:29 PM
I want em' all. :p

Camping Carl
2002-12-04, 07:47 PM
Regeneration/advanced targeting, magnification, darklight vision. + stealth suit=perfect sniper setup.

Jinxmasta
2002-12-04, 07:50 PM
You can't use a sniper rifle with a Stealth Suit. Only the small stuff like knives and stuff.

Camping Carl
2002-12-04, 08:00 PM
I know, I'd only use it to get from place to place.

Hamma
2002-12-04, 08:08 PM
The thing I want to try most is the Mosquito. That will be among my first certs :D

m0rphiu5
2002-12-06, 02:41 AM
i would go for; melee booster, darklight vision (see my comrades) and ofcoarse the one to quieten footsteps; as the implants......

as certs i would get

1)stealth suit
2)MAG-scatter
3)combat knife
4)Wraith
5)3 barrel shotgun, cant remember name.....
6)medium armour

as you can probably gather from his setup (and sig) im planning on goin as a hardcore stealth infiltrator/anti-sniper/assisin...... so dont feal safe in your base.

Incompetent
2002-12-06, 02:59 AM
For implants i will get second wind, advanced targeting and darklight emmiter in that order; certs will look something like this

1.) Thumper
2.) Reinforced Exo-Suit
3.) Cycler
4.) Engineering type cert
5.) Engineering type cert
6.) Engineering type cert
7.) Marauder
8.) Striker
9.) Engineering type cert

(m0rph the shotgun is the Jachhammer and i seriously doubt you have to cert in knives and pistols)

m0rphiu5
2002-12-06, 04:08 AM
who knows, they are building in the VR training area arent they... so they may make you do it, but i also doubt it..... however if it is nessicary it would be better for stealths, it would let us have advatages in hand to hand combat....

Mold
2002-12-06, 09:35 AM
ya that would be sweet carl, but cant you only have 3 implants?

Camping Carl
2002-12-06, 10:25 AM
Regeneration or advanced targeting, it's only three. I just haven't decided which of those two would be more usefull. Advanced targeting would help me decide who to kill, but if I'm sniping a group of TR I'll probably get hit a few times. Cause they fire a ton of bullets :D

Mold
2002-12-06, 10:43 AM
heh ok. Id say get advanced targeting and find a good rock. Chances are if you got hit with that kind of armor on, there wont be much left to regenerate, lol. Targeting should realy help against fast moving targets.

Tobias
2002-12-06, 10:49 AM
I think its time for me to analyze the Armor:

Infiltration Suit (i.e. Stealth)

http://www.planetside-universe.com/image.php?picid=20133&filetype=jpg

http://www.vanusovereignty.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?img=8&collection=ps_vanu_soldiers

http://www.vanusovereignty.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?img=3&collection=ps_vanu_soldiers

This suit is the lightest of all suits, offering no armor. However it attempts to balance this with the fact that the Infiltration Suit can cloak. This cloaking is only perfect when standing still, then only a character with a darklight implant can see you. When moving you are harder to see, but players looking for you will likely beable to spot you. There is no limit at current on how long you can stay cloaked. If you want you can cloak all day. Depending on the action, differant things can affect your cloaking.
These are:
Moving: this allows people to see you are their, but it will be hard unless they are looking for you, or you do it right in their line of sight.
Shooting: firing a weapon greatly reduces the cloaking ability, making it very easy for people to see you after you cloak.
Getting Hit: When you are hit when cloaked, it will negitivly affect how well the cloak is working, but not in as big a way as shooting.
Melee: It is unknown by myself at this time how much melee combat affects the cloak, but i assume its basicaly like shooting.

Advantages: Ability to Cloak, good speed.

Disadvantages: Limited weapon selection to a Pistol/Knife, can only carry a little bit of gear/extra ammo. It has no armor. It is unknown by myself at this time if it can carry granades, and if so, how many (would be pretty few)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agile Exo-Suit

http://www.planetside-universe.com/image.php?picid=20131&filetype=jpg

http://www.vanusovereignty.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?img=0&collection=ps_vanu_soldiers

http://www.vanusovereignty.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?img=5&collection=ps_vanu_soldiers

The Agile Exo-Suit has less armor then the Reinforced Exo-Suit, but has a greater speed. It has a fairly low carring capacity, allowing for only a few weapons and little ammo for said weapons. Only a little gear can be stored. It can however use heavy weapons such as missle luanchers and assualt rifles, unlike the Infiltration suit.

Advantages: Speed. Ability to carry almost any item/weapon. Fits in all vehicles.

Disadvantages: Light armor, and limited carrying capacity. It will be hard to be a medic in such armor because of the limit on supplys which will allow you to carry less canisters for their medical applicator.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will do medium, and max later, have to jet.

And for those who have not seen them: The MAX suits. Vanu looks by far the coolest (and smallest =p)
Vanu Max:

http://www.vanusovereignty.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?img=4&collection=ps_vanu_soldiers

TR Max:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/image.php?picid=20012&filetype=jpg

NC Max:

http://www.newconglomerate.com/common/images/img_view.jsp?img=8&collection=ps_newconglomerate_soldiers

Qanamil_Rafiki
2002-12-06, 11:49 AM
I think that the TR and NC MAX pictures are dated, since they put out a new version of the Vanu one.

Nothing much you can do about that at the moment, though. Good synopsis so far Tobias.

afex
2002-12-06, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Qanamil_Rafiki
I think that the TR and NC MAX pictures are dated, since they put out a new version of the Vanu one.

only the TR picture is dated. they have released armor pics for VS and NC.

as for certs....hmmm....never really thought about it. lets say i get 9.

1. Repeater
2. Cycler
3. light armor
4. basilisk
5. jeep grand cherokee
6. mosquito
7. suppressor
8. punisher
9. medium armor

i was debating with a rocket launcher, but i dunno.

Venoxile
2002-12-06, 03:21 PM
Implants:
1. Range Magnifier
2. Regeneration
3. Surge

Certs:
1. Gauss
2. Medium Armor
3. Amp
4. Phoenix
5. Bolt Driver
6. Plasma Grenade
7. Frag Grenade
8. REK
9. Reaver

P.S. What's a wraith?

Mold
2002-12-06, 03:24 PM
5. jeep grand cherokee
:rofl:

afex
2002-12-06, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Venoxile

P.S. What's a wraith?
http://www.planetside-universe.com/image.php?picid=20025&filetype=jpg
a wraith and a basilisk look the same, but have these differences.

basilisk:
mounted gun

wraith:
no gun
if driver is wearing stealth suit, can become invisible

not sure if armor/speed is different

m0rphiu5
2002-12-07, 05:31 AM
so basically, wraith = cooler

what do you think the odds of the wraith driver being able to fire his/her weapon whilst driving, i think it should be allowed, but limited to handguns, ofcoarse a person in a stealth suit will only be able to use that anyway, so it makes little difference to them.

Tobias
2002-12-07, 08:13 AM
wraith is also alot less armored and the such, its the weakest vehicle in the game =p. But it can cloak, so you should not get shot if your good.

Oh my picture of the TR MAX is dated, the one of the Vanu and the one of NC are off the sights (the NC one is off PSU, but its from the NC sight.) I hope the TR looks cooler, i think they could do alot with the duel chaingun look. Im gonna finish the armor write up once they post the new info on MAX's.

Airlift
2002-12-07, 10:48 AM
I hope you guys don't forget your getting fragged by me cert. :brow: :brow:

http://orbitalstrike.com/images/emote/spree.gif

Tobias
2002-12-07, 11:01 AM
*golf clap*