PDA

View Full Version : Direct3d PROBLEM pssing me off

Rammy
2003-04-21, 10:17 AM
i installed planetside then i clicked play and it blackscreens then i get an error that says "could not find compadible Direct3d planetside will now shutdown" i have a ATI7000 (sad ) if u have ANY idea please help me my email is [email protected] if u want PLEASE!!!!!!

SpaceDrake
2003-04-21, 10:24 AM
Have you tried installing DirectX 9? I didn't think that Planetside used DX9, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Linkage. (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a19bed22-0b25-4e5d-a584-6389d8a3dad0&displaylang=en)

txMaddog
2003-04-21, 11:54 AM
PS works with DirectX 8.1a not sure about anything lower.

Rammy
2003-04-21, 12:37 PM
yes i have dx9

Khronos
2003-04-21, 01:23 PM
i got that error too.

what video card are u using?
[edit: i just see ATI7000 gotcha]

i had an intel 82845G integrated chip and it didnt support uhh t&l for planetside.

so, im ordering a RAdeon 9500 pro, and using a geforce4MX440 until it gets here.

only way this problem will be solved [that i know of] is if your card somehow gets supported, or you buy a newer/better one :(

oh and check out the planetside beta Video/Sound forum..lots of people have this problem.

Khronos
2003-04-21, 03:08 PM
okay i just saw this on the PlanetSide Beta Video and Sound forums

Posted by : resoverlord

For those of you with integrated graphics cards and plenty of memory (512 DDR), it is possible to emulate hardware TNL and allow you to play planetside!!!!
This HAS worked for me (SIS 650, 512 DDR 2100, P4 2.4)

1. Patch the game but do not launch it. Close the patcher once your computer is analyzed.

2. Download a program called 3D analyze:
http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/TOOLS/dontlinkthefile_3danalyzer-v21.exe

3. When you run the program, select planetside.exe as the EXE (not pre-EXE) file, check all of the hardware limites boxes (both cap bits and features), then select run. Planetside will no longer state that your video card is not supported.

this was in the thread : T&L Emulation

also, someone with a RAdeon 7000 card got it to work for them.

I'd say check this out as it may be a very viable option for you.

Rammy
2003-04-21, 07:25 PM
hey buddy u are a big help ill try thata nd get back to u thx man!!!!

Rammy
2003-04-21, 07:31 PM
yeah this prog is confusing :-P kinda lost ill keep checking

Rammy
2003-04-21, 07:37 PM
i cant find the video sound forums :(

Rammy
2003-04-21, 07:46 PM
when i run the prog like how the instuctions say it says generic planetside error if anyone ahs seen it please help me

Khronos
2003-04-21, 08:39 PM
well i havent tried the prog out..just heard about it..so i cant really help you there.

for the video/sound forums,

go to the planetside beta site and look on the left
under "forums" there should be "video and sound"

that should work.

Rammy
2003-04-21, 09:01 PM
yeah thats the prob i forget the site :-P

Khronos
2003-04-22, 10:40 AM
http://www.planetside.com/beta

medweasel
2004-12-01, 08:56 AM
when i run the prog like how the instuctions say it says generic planetside error if anyone ahs seen it please help me

Hello, I just stumbled across this forum and thought I might can help. I have a ATI Radeon 7000 which suprisingly will run most games that require Hardware T&L as long as the game doesn't specifically check for Hardware T&L, my other card is an Intel 82845G integrated card. I'm not sure which one is best, I seem to have better luck with the Radeon although the Intel does have T&L it's just not Hardware T&L since it does the T&L through the processor and not thru any Hardware, kinda weird. Anyway, I've been using 3D Analyze for quite a while now and it seems to work great, I can run almosty any game that requires Hardware T&L, the main thing you want to do with it is.
1. run 3d analyze and click on the EXE of the program u want to run.
2. After that, the main two things you need to check on the 3d Analyze are:
Force SW TnL and Emulate HW TnL Caps. Those are the main two
3. Then click run.

Alot of online games won't work this easily unfortunately so most of the time the best way around that is to creat a .Bat file of the EXE that you want to run. To do this, just open Notepad, and on the first line, type the path of the EXE that you want to run, an example would be something like C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
For World of Warcraft for instance.
And then go to file, click save as and then name the file something a bit different from the real EXE such as RunWOW.Bat
Make sure that whatever you name the file, you always end it with .bat
that will create the batch file and is essential to making it.

Okay, now that u have your .bat file, you need to place it in your main game directory that you want to run, like if you're doing planetside, put it in C:\Program Files\Planetside or wherever it's located.
I always try to put it close to the exe.

Then all you have to do is open 3d Analyze and after u click select, go down to the bottom of that box and where it says file types, click on that and change it from Executables to Batch so your batch file will show up. and then select it and run and see what happens.

Also, u can go to the 3d analyze homepage, not sure what the address is, just look it up on google or click help when u open it and it'll give you a link and check out their forums, they have all kinds of info on how to use the program fully and what everything does and they also post how to get certain games working. You can also send in a request and the guy who made the program will sometimes try to help people get the game going and will let u know if it's possible or not. I sure hope some of this helps. If it runs good, then be careful playing with the 3d analyze settings, some will do crazy stuff. Good luck with it. :)

medweasel
2004-12-01, 09:00 AM
hmm, seeing as how these posts were made in 2003 I'm sure u either fixed the problem or have a new game to play, hehehe, Oh well, better late than never. Maybe this will help someone new out who's having this problem. heheheh, I am from the future, I am from the year 2004, hello to u all in 2003.

MattxMosh
2004-12-01, 11:11 AM
Holy Thread Bump Batman.