PDA

View Full Version : memory dump initiated

michaelsuave
2003-04-23, 01:35 PM
help please! every time try to get the graphics running with this game, the computer initiates a memory dump. just built the computer, any ideas on fixes? think its me rather then game, but not sure.:confused: :confused: :confused:

michaelsuave
2003-04-25, 01:51 AM
great, thanks for all the help so far guys, keep it coming! :)

SpaceDrake
2003-04-25, 09:52 AM
... what the heck is a memory dump? Can you be a little more specific? Or, possibly, give your system specs?

michaelsuave
2003-04-25, 02:08 PM
in that case, i'm sorry. geforce winfax chip new fx chip. when large graphical videos start streaming the system blue screens on me and states that it is "initiating a memory dump." something about freeing up more memory. but I'm running on 512 of ram already. and the new geforce has tons of independent as well. so can't figure out what is going on. Happens when i try to load the games and the intro pops up, or when i try 3dmark and its streaming a clip.:confused: :confused:

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-04-25, 02:25 PM
Frankly I've never heard of a problem like this before so the best advice I can give is to try uninstalling your drivers and getting the newest version. That's something that is always worth a shot.

SpaceDrake
2003-04-25, 02:33 PM
Ditto.

Thing is, "memory dump" is such a cliched (and not actual techie) term that it might be a virus of some kind. Try running a virus scan of the machine if you haven't recently.

michaelsuave
2003-04-25, 11:14 PM
the thing is virus free, hasn't even been fully connected to the internet yet. and the only reaso i refer to it as a memory dump, is that is what it calls it. frankly, i've fixed a lot of computers before and never come across something like this. was thinking that it might have something to do with how the virtual memory is set. thanks, when i get my cable hook up this weekend i will change the drivers, good idea dio.

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-04-26, 02:09 AM
Try setting your pagefile to 0, restarting, and then re-enabling pagefiling.

powdahound
2003-04-26, 06:05 AM
I've had this as a result of overclocking before... but I doubt you're doing that. :) You may have a bad stick of ram, but first try reinstalling drivers for video, sound, and your chipset (VIA/nForce).

michaelsuave
2003-04-26, 04:32 PM
thanks for all your help so far guys. Got it pretty much working, only problem now is when i try out 3d mark it freezes a good bit into the demo that i used to try out the graphics, but i'm thinking that that is just 3d mark. going to do an internal checkup and makesure everything is seated right. but other then that, the geforce fx rocks!