PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing in same spot

m4yh3m66
2003-05-12, 12:08 PM
AMD 2600+, 512mbRAM, 1gb swap.

Game runs fine after initial map load (10 sec or so) and all function seem to be working ok until...

I try to access the world map (or whatever its called). The continent map shows fine until I try to move the floating tool then the game crashes immediately to desktop. Is this a common place for the game to crash?

I do plan on upgrading the RAM to 1gb and moving the swap file to a dedicated partition to improve performance but I was wondering if people had problems with the continent maps.

Navaron
2003-05-12, 12:44 PM
This was a problem last night, that alot of people were experiencing- but they put up a patch that fixed it (for me at least). Have you played today? Do you have the newest drivers for your videocard?

m4yh3m66
2003-05-12, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
This was a problem last night, that alot of people were experiencing- but they put up a patch that fixed it (for me at least). Have you played today? Do you have the newest drivers for your videocard?

I should have posted vid card and drivers, sorry. Im running an ASUS GF4 Ti4200 with recent det drivers. I played PS until about 3am PST this morning, has a new patch been released since then? If so, I'll give it a whirl.

I'm glad to hear others were having this prob, I was worried that a reinstall would be necessary, and I really wasn't looking forward to that prospect...

Thanks for the quick reply!

OmnipotentKiwi
2003-05-12, 02:09 PM
The most recent det drivers are not the most stable for PS, try the 40.72s.

m4yh3m66
2003-05-16, 11:55 AM
This was fixed on one of the patches. Yey! I have full game functionality...