PDA

View Full Version : Login Problems

shadyfox
2003-05-29, 04:01 PM
Ok, I installed PS, when I go to "sign in" it says " network error, server is not responding, please check your connections and try again." Now I've checked all of my "connections" and they are all ok. Next, I e-mail the "tech" team at PS. They get back to me asking some questions, blah, blah, blah. They asked what server I play on, but I haven't got to pick a server yet! Then I figure it must be my firewall. Now, I e-mail PS back, and they e-mail me what they have on the firewall help stuff they have on the site, but my firewall isn't on there! So now I come to the good people at PSU, because the PS people (tech team) just give me general stuff.

Now, my firewall is Linksys etherfast cable/dsl firewall router. Now, if anyone has this firewall, or if you know how to get it to work, please, PLEASE, help me. I think there are some ports I have to open, or something like that. ( I really don't know much about firewalls, its my stepdads)

Any help would be really appreciated.

shadyfox
2003-05-31, 10:59 AM
bump

SC385
2003-05-31, 11:34 AM
check the linksys site. they should have info on the site how to disable the firewall. It usually involves putting in the ip addy for the router. i look around the linksys site and see if i can find something for you since i dont have the game yet. :(

SC385
2003-05-31, 11:41 AM
ok, you have to open one of the ports on you router to play games. look in your manual for more info but what you do is you enter the ip address 192.168.1.1 in your address bar. a username and password box will come up. enter admin as the username and enter the password if you set one. then go to the routers advanced features and open port 27960.