PDA

View Full Version : Max suits

darkfireknight2
2002-12-21, 03:48 AM
Dosn't the vanu max defeat the whole purpose a max suit. I mean aren't max suits suppose to be big hulking SLOW hevyly armored, heavly destructive tanks with legs?
So once again wouldn't the vanu max defiy the point by sacrifying power and armor for speed and jumping???
Anyone with resonable skills can still track the suit. :blowup: :father:

Zatrais
2002-12-21, 04:09 AM
i think MAX's are more like light strapon tanks...

If you stand toe to toe no moving or annything vs a tank i think you'd lose in a MAX.. maybee not VS the lightning but *shrug*

and as for the Vanu MAX, no one seems to know how much armor it sacrefises for its mobility.... it could be loosing 1/10th of the armor of other maxers, it could be using more or it could be loosing less, but it will still be a heavily armored assault suit... the devs won't make it a reinforced whit jumpjets. And those jumpjets can be damn handy, walls won't matter =)

Tolvy
2002-12-21, 12:13 PM
The vanu MAX still has all the cool weapon stuff with the lock on/homing weapons. If someone is skilled with the jump jets, it could easily take someone by surprise if they fly over a wall or something.
The TR MAX has a disadvantage with the anchor. It can only turn about 30 degrees or so. All someone would have to do is attack it from the side.

Anyone no how long it takes to anchor and unanchor? (how many seconds?)

Hatte
2002-12-21, 12:16 PM
AFAIK the VS MAX will not be speedy gonzales, but i have not heard any hard facts on the stats of any of the maxes.

i believe it was 3 seconds to anchor and unanchor.

�io
2002-12-21, 12:17 PM
Yeah as said we don't know just how unarmored it is.

AS for the TR MAX if i remember correctly it can turn 60 degrees on each side once anchored. And it takes about 3 secs to anchor/unanchor.

Zarparchior
2002-12-21, 12:32 PM
The speed/armor ratio is hard to balance and make it fair. I think that's why we've all got our panties in a twist over this. :o

snipe
2002-12-21, 12:36 PM
I don't think it will be that fast, just faster than the other MAXs

�io
2002-12-21, 12:37 PM
Hey my PSU thongs are just fine thank you very much.

Zarparchior
2002-12-21, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Dio
Hey my PSU thongs are just fine thank you very much. :brow:

New York abstains... courteously.