New In-Concept! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because you can see the flames from orbit.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-12, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

New In-Concept!

Talking about Dynamic Sanc Warpgates Enjoy!
http://www.planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=705

Last edited by PSU Staff; 2003-12-12 at 09:06 PM.
Old 2003-12-12, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rayder
General

Misc Info

that pop list looks nice
Old 2003-12-12, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kikinchikin

HUZZZAHHHHH!!!!

Finally no more:

Forseral will probably be zerged in the next 20 min- everyone station in front of the wg!

now we can finally fight on oshur some.
Old 2003-12-12, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
I Hate Pants
General

Ugh...im confused. What is all this jibba jabba? Im tired from work and to lazy to read all of this. Can someone summarize it up into a few scentences for me? thanks.

P.S. I just love the christmas cheer I get from the customers at toys r us.

Last edited by I Hate Pants; 2003-12-12 at 10:02 PM.
Old 2003-12-12, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I can't summerize. I'm not entire sure myself what it all says. But it sounds like something that will be a great addition to the game. Kinda like Lodestar and Recertification.
Old 2003-12-12, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

neat-o

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-12, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TeraHertz
Major

Broadcast Warpgates
The Sanctuary warpgates will be restructured as "Broadcast Warpgates". These modified warpgates allow connection only to warpgates on continents that are connected to continents over which that Empire has a lock.

Worst idea I've ever seen. Locked continents never have, and I cant see them becoming, the front line. They are "behind your lines."
Piss poor idea. If it aint broke dont fix it.
Old 2003-12-12, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
Ugh...im confused. What is all this jibba jabba? Im tired from work and to lazy to read all of this. Can someone summarize it up into a few scentences for me? thanks.

P.S. I just love the christmas cheer I get from the customers at toys r us.
Warpgates and Geowarps will now change every so often. This will break up the continents allowing you to attack ones you wouldn't normaly.

The sanctuary will now only connect to locked continents. By the look of it, only locked continents of your empire. (What happens if you dont have a locked cont!?)

You'll now get a list of what percent of the poulation is where. eg.

Sanc 5%
Ishunder 40%
VR 45%

All of it is uneccessary, and the new warpgate ideas, in my view, will be detrimental to gameplay.
Old 2003-12-12, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TeraHertz
Major

uuh, wait i didnt read it properly. It seems you bypass the locked cont. So say oshur is locked, and linked your sanc, and amerish, you can go straight from sanc to amerish.

I think.
Old 2003-12-12, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
EarlyDawn
Major General

Summary for you lazy guys...

Dynamic Warpgate links: Warpgate links will now fluctuate, meaning different continents will attach to eachother every so often. Don't know what they mean by severing the sanct links, that needs some explanation.

Sanctuary Broadcast Warpgates: Basically, let's say you have the PSU sanctuary, Continent A and Continent B. Continent A and B are linked, and the PSU sanctuary links to Continent A. Got that? Now let's set up an example...

Continent B is locked by the PSU empire, continent A is not.

PSU<--------->Continent A<------------->Continent B (Locked by PSU)

Basically, what they're saying is that they're making locked continents home bases. In the above diagram, you can jump directly from PSU sanct, to Continent B as long as it's locked. You do this by getting a map choice when entering the warpgate at PSU sanct. If any other PSU locked continents link off of A, you can broadcast there too, by way of the map when entering the PSU<--->Continent A warpgate. All this, without setting foot on A.

I would assume you can jump multiple chained locked continents too.

EDIT: I just realized, if you don't have a "Sanc-Contested-Locked" setup attached to sanct, no warpgate for you!

Last edited by EarlyDawn; 2003-12-12 at 10:56 PM.
Old 2003-12-12, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Last edited by MuNsTeR; 2003-12-12 at 10:49 PM.
Old 2003-12-13, 08:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Ok, simple explanation time.

Did you ever load your Gal for a trip to the front lines, but have to make a long boring flight over a cont you totally controlled (why bother, take the hart)? Did you ever hart to a cont you totally controlled so you could get vehicles and bind to the base close to the warp gate that leads to the front lines?

Well, you won't have to anymore. Thats right, if you totally own that cont, you can just skip it and magically appear at the front lines. No more boring gal rides (they now become more convienent than the hart). No more binding to a base so you can spawn there to get your new tank, then driving all over creation to get back to the war. You will be able to pour your troops, tanks, etc directly from sanctuary to the front lines!!! Enemies beware, if we lock that cont, your home is toast. It will be sanc to sanc battles with a cont in the middle.

Oh, base X on your locked cont was ghost hacked? Who cares because we are about to whip (insert enemy faction name here)'s ass back to their warpgate. Wait, not any more. If they ghost hack, your cont aint locked and you now have to drive/fly all over that long dead cont to get back to the front lines (especially if hart goes to 15 minutes). Thus, making security of those locked conts something for every CR to worry over (and gives covert ops squads something to do besides just blowing gens at tech plants and killing modules).

Also, with random warpgates, say goodbye to your home conts. Thats right, what is your home today, is your enemies tomorrow (or when the cavern links rotate).

Finally, do you log in at 2am and spend over an hour trying to find some kind of fight? No more thanks to relative populations listings. The map will now show where the highest concentrations of enemies and friendlies are, so you can get to THAT battle, and not some 1 on 1 tower skirmish that you just instant actioned into.

Anyway, that is my simplified version of events. I like most of this, but I don't know about the shifting home cont idea (I sort of like having my own place). Also, if they implement this and OBO, what happens when your Outfit base suddenly is the first stop out of your enemies Sanc? Just my 2 cents

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2003-12-13, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

I read the entire article.......I understand it......but my brain got hurt trying to understand it*grabs coke and adviel*
Old 2003-12-13, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

I like cheese!!!!

OK now to the meat of the matter (get it, get it?) I like this idea I personally hate having to wait 20 mins for people to load up on my gal in sanc then fly another 20 to get to the fight.
Old 2003-12-13, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

So this allows us to fast-forward over our locked backyards, and nothing else?

IE, if Ceryshen is locked we can go from Sanc straight to Oshur (which is linked to Ceryshen)?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion