Amazing fights today - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No one will mind if you post naked...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-01-13, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zulthus
Colonel

Amazing fights today

Wow, I haven't seen this many people on in a while. Amazing vehicle and infantry fights alike. NC got their asses handed to them on both fronts and we sanc locked them. I'm thinking the announcement of the PS2 beta has people resubbing already. I hope the game continues like this for a while!
Old 2012-01-13, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: Amazing fights today

Or perhaps new people joining as well!
Old 2012-01-14, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
NC got their asses handed to them on both fronts
Yeah. They kept yelling at people to get onto target, but I think the xp bonus on Searhus was too tempting for many. It was a good night though.
Old 2012-01-14, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Are we talking near pop lock levels? If so I will resub in a heartbeat.
Old 2012-01-14, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zulthus
Colonel

Not quiiiite pop lock levels. But it's a hell of a lot more than I've seen on in a long time. VS had about 50 positions left on Esamir/Amerish and when fighting at NC bases, all we saw inside was a big red blob of dots. There were so many... we rolled 3 GGs, sometimes armor columns, there were a LOT of vehicles moving around too.
Old 2012-01-14, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Crator
Major General

Pretty sure there was a big pop imbalance at this time though... Just a b-load of VS logged in attacking NC with very low pop...
Old 2012-01-14, 01:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zulthus
Colonel

Mekala on Amerish was the biggest battle, IIRC. This was their last base on cont after we slapped them silly everywhere else. I think PG was there, I didn't recognize any other outfits. Probably Blue Lions. It took a good half an hour to an hour to push inside the base. More CE than I thought possible was up in every nook and cranny of the SOI (slight exaggeration) but it took quite a few tank shells, jammers, EMPs, and OSes to get rid of it all. The vehicle fight itself was the best part. I couldn't keep track of the number of buggies, reavers, liberators, vanguards, and BFRs the NC were using. Us VS had one GG circling the base after we destroyed the AA guns, along with DARK in a magrider column. There were probably alot more on our side, but I was concentrated on the units down my gun's sight. Eventually pushed into the CY, killed everything, smoked the CE, so the VS try pushing in every entrance. No luck so far, the NC have a very good defense set up (ScatMaxes ) AT calls in a MAX crash, and I believe there were about ~20? MAXes running from the tower. Hacked the Vbay door for them and ran down with them just in case they needed a hacker for the gen door. The crash was halted by a motion sensor in the hallway. We get to the gen room and a HUGE clusterfuck battle breaks out. For every enemy you killed you probably killed a friendly because people were so close together. The VS take the gen down eventually and the NC are quick to retaliate. They grab falcons and scats and take us out, but they forgot the glue gun! We take down their tubes and have a squad of VS hold them inside, while the rest of the VS proceed to the CC. I think we recalled after they got a hack on, so I'm not sure what happened afterwards.

It was really fun. After we kicked the NC off of Amerish, they tried a last stand at Helheim. DARK tried to do a BD drop to the gen but they were waiting for us. We got 3 GGs instead and made them all retreat inside. While the VS kept them busy DARK went to the tubes and got them up. 1:30 left on the hack and the VS regrouped by the stairs and made a massive push up. There were many casualties but at about ~:45 we made it to the CC. Couple NC Maxes in there to clean up but nothing special. About 5 people (including myself) rushed to the console with a blue REK in hopes of having the honor of resecuring that amazing, intense fight.

I'm looking forward to more nights such as that one!
Old 2012-01-14, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Pretty sure there was a big pop imbalance at this time though... Just a b-load of VS logged in attacking NC with very low pop...
Oh no, not at all. The pops were very much even. The VS had 49% and the NC had 50%, in fact. (incentives never count the last %1 :/)
Old 2012-01-14, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Crator
Major General

Well, I had logged in right after I read your post here and the VS pop was way higher then the NC. I suppose all the NC logged after they got pop locked though...
Old 2012-01-14, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Zulthus
Colonel

Yup, the fight was OVER as soon as we retook Helheim NC global dropped near instantly 5%, and kept going for a while. VS and TR fought on Searhus afterwards.
Old 2012-01-14, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

NC always get double teamed. every. time.

(yes i know everyone says they're the ones that get double teamed against)
Old 2012-01-15, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Coreldan
Colonel

I also witnessed a pretty big and amazing fight like a few days back, surprisingly it was outside the "NA prime time" though.

Sadly I didn't participate, I was testing my stream and the "overview" idea from a cloaked phantasm. Was basically just cloaking above the fight and observing it for an hour

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-01-15, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Punker
Corporal

NC Got their asses handed to them yesterday.

But today the map looks like it's supposed to.

Image too big, and glorious
Old 2012-01-15, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zulthus
Colonel

With that pop it's certainly something to be proud of...

Old 2012-01-16, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Xaine
Major

So... tempted... to... resub...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion