PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is it just me, or have the VS gotten better?
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-24, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Slab
Corporal

"wtf? how can you remove the idea that the server population equals 100%? no matter how many people are online, 100% of them are going to be on a team. you cannot have more than 100% of the total population online at any given time on, because it will still be 100%. you just cannot do it. mathematics dude, you cannot do it."

I'm not going to bother with this topic anymore because you can't grasp a very simple idea.

I explained it very easily and several people have sent me private messages asking why you 2 don't understand my idea.

I've placed it out step by step and it has nothing to do with the word "percent."

I'm going to give you 1 more go at it. I'm going to remove the word and symbol of "percent."

At your charactor selection screen, near the bottom, you'll notice it says, for example:

Vanu: 30
Terran: 40
NC: 20

The current algorithm would be as follows:

(Faction with highest pop) - (Faction with lowest pop) = (exp loss for faction with highest pop)

In this case: 40 - 20 = 20

This means: Terrans should have a 20 exp loss

This really can't be that hard. I mean, I forwarded this post to people that don't play Planetside at all and they could understand my point in a second.

Now, I may not be a math major but you don't have to be to understand 2nd grade addition/subtraction.

Even if you did, one of the guys that read the article is a computer programmer at MIT.
"Priority is never to kill. Priority #1 is to annoy, annoy, annoy."