PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ammo type
Thread: Ammo type
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-02, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DarkJaguar
Corporal

Originally posted by SpecialOpRanger
The AK series of rifles is the most produced series of rifles in the world and is one of the most reliable. Plus since they are mass produced round the world they are a hell of a lot more avaliable than the American M16A2 that our boys use. With the 47 version you could throw a handfull of dirt in chamber, put in a clip, chamber a round, and fire of a shot with no jamming or anything. Duriablity, rugade design, and full auto that's why most orginazitons choose the AK series not the armor pierceing ammuniton that the black hawk insident soldier may have been using. The Russians designed the AK and after the wars in the middle east that they tried to invade, left most of the equipment and weapons there because it would cost them too much to haul it all back since the berlin wall fell and the cold war was over. The country sold off some of its weapons of war to make up for the unstablility of there ecconomy. That's why a lot of teh middle east nations and even China and Korea has the AKs because of the wars that occured and the arms Russia sold or supplied to thoes nations. That's just a little history, sorry if i went off on the deep end.
erm no, first off, in Somalia the rangers were using the M4 carbine. second it is called a Magazine, not a clip, China and Korea have AKs because they produce clones of them. and you sure as hell did go off the deep end, try learning your history before teaching it.