PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - A terminal hacking idea
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-20, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
infinite loop
First Sergeant

BadAsh - I completely agree with Jagd, besides the flame stuff

I understand your side of things, but you can't argue it wouldn't make the game more vanilla by making those changes. One of this game's strengths is the variety of gameplay, especially weapons, vehicles, and playstyle. If you'll notice, I have characters of all 3 empires, and my goal is to max out all 3 one day. Some days I get tired of using the same weapons, so I login to another server and have fun with something different. If the weapons were all the same, the alternative would be for me to either not play, or play another game. I don't like that alternative.

Besides my personal enjoyment of having different characters, I really love the tactics involved that you described. I like having to react differently to my opponent, depending on their empire and weapon. It makes it so much more interesting than if everyone had the same shit. Honestly, I can't think of many successful games that have come out in the last few years that had the exact same weapons and vehicles for all sides. All the WWII games are very similar to PS, and people love those games.

Maybe you're just a deathmatch kinda guy, and that's cool. Just don't ask for PS to fit that need for you. Go play UT or Quake instead! Oh and btw, love the Army of Darkness reference in your name!