PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Graphics Card Suggestions...
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-04, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Ha, overclocking is not the ultimate say in the quality of the chip. Performance is!

I've seen quite a few reports of 9800 Pro's going for $239 as of late. Save up a few bills
OCing taken to the limit of cooling is the ultimate qaulity of the chip. manufacturing wise.

And it takes a 64 bit processor form AMD to even match Intels 32 bit. 8p Intel if still finer quality manufacturing as it always has been either way. And i will alway prefer them because it will take a hell of a lot better design for me to like something else better.

And i hope Intel wipes AMD off the market or intel makes there 64 bits in a year or two completly seperatly from AMD designs and wipes them out of bussiness. Though it would be funny if they did it with a 32 bit chip! Intels not even playing chip wise yet and AMDs already swinging hard 8) so there! I win. or will

What would be realy funny is if intel spent the money to resureect one of its competetors that gave it a real challange decades ago and had them cathc ther design up and take AMD out for good. Its not like it would be all that hard. AMD has never had to "Play with the big boys" per say, in there enitre history except intel, and would be wiped out if it had to compete with multipe real competetor coming down on it like intel and other companies have had to deal with in hte past.

FRAg do you own a duel 386 or drool evertime you see a 8086! i do :drool: Ive was around in the glory days man and im a real intel lover as i was back then! INtel had to face its own extinction literally back then before the P1s(and came out smelling like roses) and it has no competition anything near like back then. There flying easy right now and are going kick AMD and every thing short of the kitchens sinks ass whne you least expect it and im going to enjoy everymoment of it 8)

Intel is my first love!

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-04 at 03:20 PM.