PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Infiltration Status
View Single Post
Old 2004-02-17, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Well, I'm not an infiltrator, but I think this should only be a start to more buffs. As it is, Infiltrators don't particularly frighten my grunt right now: If I see even the barest hint of movement, I just flick DL and unload. Infiltrators should be a full-time worry for every soldier.
Why should they particularily frighten a grunt, though? I've always been of the frame of mind that infiltrator suits are not meant for combat. I'm glad they're making them less visible/detectable, but if you want to kill lot's of people, the infiltrator suit shouldn't be how you would best go about it. If they'd add more ways for stealthers to sabotage/hack/undermine bases/towers/stuff they haven't added yet, then infiltrators will be able to do the job I think they were designed for.

As it is, short of removing Darklight altogether, there is no way to make a guy with no armor and only a pistol with limited inventory capacity pose a serious threat to infantry. Thus they need to give them a different job to do.