PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Anyone going to that Capitol Force Dome playtest tommorow?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-03, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
KIAsan
First Sergeant

We finally got in (after about an hour). It was one of the largest play tests they have ever had (well over 400 peeps). Capitols/warpgates all worked as advertised. Tried out the cloaker changes, looks like the fixed the visibility issues they discussed. Didn't play it long enough to see if some of the other bugs were resolved.

The ammo boxes for AT weapons worked just like ordinary ammo boxes (although the one for the radiator is a funky shape).

They did change the test server so everyone was BR20.

I also noticed, the lasher was fixed. Looks like it's back to normal.

I didn't try out the caverns, vehicles, or burster, so no comments on those. I really don't see this will make much of a difference (the capitols). Other than change the order of which bases you have to hack. The broadcast warpgates seem to me to be a bigger change to gameplay. I actually warped directly to Searhus Amerish gate from TR Sanctuary, that was sweet. That benefit alone is going to make keeping home continents locked a high priority.

Thats all from my limited look (only stayed on a few hours). Didn't experience any glaring bugs (other than one CTD and one complete computer lock).

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.