PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Anti- Air Max Armor <==Boring
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-25, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

hmm

i never said it WAS corrected and thats how it will end up. I however feel that the poll is big enough to give a general pointer.

As for why i think most wont use MAX, it's just a guess that i made because in most games i play the majority of people prefer either flexibility or more mobility over slow and armored.

And well, you might have a small portion but when major statistic companies do surveys they use a small sample of the general population. Here, the standars is about 10 000 people out of norways 4.9 million is used to give a pointer at the publics opinion. It's mathematicly proven to work, whit a normal uncertanly of roughly 5%. Sorry but i don't know the english words for the secution it goes under in math.

lets say theres 5 thousand pr server.... thats 25k players, 1200 of those are a big enough sample of the population imo.

An example, you don't ask 4.9 million people when you can call 10 000 and have the same result about wheter or not they want thing a to be legal/illegal.

You read stuff, listen to the interviews, get some vids and look at some screenshots and you can roughly identify whit the armor that suits your playstyle.

I still think that the poll is a nice pointer, but thats just my own personal opinion. You're welcome to disagree =)

edit: yes yes, no official number on the server capacity has been released or what they expect each server will hold is AFAIK. the 5000 was used as an example.

Last edited by Zatrais; 2003-01-25 at 06:55 PM.