PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Upcomming Surge Changes!
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-15, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #157
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

During the AGN shoutcast Sporkfire mentioned that nerfing surge is the only way they can prevent the warping exploit in PlanetSide. It all comes down to the fact that when a character moves quickly, the client must predict their movement until it gets another update from the server. When it gets this update, it updates the character's location to a new position. This is what causes people to warp around. I'm sick of getting killed by people who run towards me, and then suddenly are behind me shooting me in the back. Without surge on, warping is less likely to happen because the client can predict the character's movement more accurately, and when it recieves an update, a large warp is unlikely to occur because the character wasn't moving fast enough to have traveled a large distance between updates.

However, I do think it would be fair to pull a pistol while surging. I figure that surge boosts bloodflow to your legs, making your arms relatively weak. Thus, you would be unable to use any weapon heavier than a pistol. Perhaps also increase the CoF of the pistol during surge, as your weakened arms would have more trouble maintaining a steady aim.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!