PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside heading for worse or for better?
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-17, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
teratravp
Corporal

Seems alright. I'm buying a 1 mo subscription when my current trial is up.

dev priorities need to be as others have said:

1. Optimize and finalize graphics code- get this beast running tighter then UT2k4 There's not many shaders in this game so graphically it should really fn fly on any reasonable mid to high system - and it certainly has run much better at times so we all know it can happen - to even play right now I had to tweak tons of shit, otherwise I wouldn't be able to

2. Finalize weapons. as in FINAL. IZE. hehe. No seriously this game might as well have just launched if they keep changing weapons at the rate they do. And that is of course seriously messing up the steadiness of the empires and playerbase.

3. Say it with me now *NEW* features. I said NEW. Not a vehicle. Not a weapon. Not an expansion with vehicles and weapons. I'm talking features here - more stuff at sanc - more functional stuff to play with in bases, towers... more stuff to do in the gameworld in general. This is vanilla PS still, same as it was a year ago. NON mmog have made bigger feature additions through patches then this game, cmon now.

That said there is an assload of fun to be found in PS. For some the fun lasts, for some comes and goes, and some can take a month of playing a year or so then wait another year. There is nothing necessarily bad about this design. It IS plenty of fun and wholly original. When I make suggestions I'm not doing it in the vein of DO THIS NOW OR THE GAME DIES@!!@!, these are just ideas, plain and simple.

See you all on the barrel end of my weps.