PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Faction Speific Mobile Artillerys
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-14, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

TR artillery would have an 8-barrel "Nebelwerfer" style rocket launcher that, while all 8 rockets can be fired quickly, it would have a heavy reload time. It would also require a Laze designation to work properly, as the rockets would fall down at a certain trajectory to hit the lazed target, otherwise they simply travel straight, making them ineffective unless pointed at a stationary target. It would be able to fire at targets on the ground, but it's extremely long reload time would make it vulnerable once all the rockets are gone from the clip. It would be transported on a simple, truck-like vehicle (1 driver, 1 gunner), and would need to b deployed out (spikes come from the side ports of the vehicle) to fire.

The NC would have a massive cannon, like the "Paris" gun utilized by Germany. It would cause devestating damage where it hits, but the per-shot reload time is huge. It also will show up on radar as if it was under detection, thus giving it nearly no radar cover. Also, it would have almost no straight-fire arc, thus limiting it to laze-pointed targets. It would be transported via a massive tank-tread vehicle (driver and gunner), would need to be deployed (stabilizing pads from the sides of the artillery platform), and could only be deployed on flat ground.

The VS would have an interesting artillery piece. It would be 2-barreled, have a pretty good ROF (this to make up for its damaging means, which I will get to later), and fire energy orbs with a laser trail on them. The way that it damages is by making a cloud that causes frequent, heavy damage at anything in its radius (think super-radiator) for a short time (around 3 seconds to compensate for its not-slow-as-dirt ROF), and the actual damage zones would be pretty big to compensate for the actual impact not doing anything. It would be transported via a floating platform (artillery in the middle and 2 hover-generators at either side), and, of course, would need to be deployed in combat to be used (gravlocks coming from the hover gens).

Just me thoughts on the subject.