PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Riddle of Command
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-30, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
RageMaster
Corporal

I don't need someone second guessing me during a fight.
What about if his plan was better?

As a derivative of scenario 3...

5. You're a commander and issue and order to a squad member, who then preceeds to disregard it entirely for his own course of action. His course of action is sound and he becomes the main contributor to your victory. What would you do with the 'disobedient'?

Still kick him from the squad? He just 0wned everyone, he lead the squad to victory, and XP. As a commander, I think its best to realise when someone else has made better judgement on the situation. You learn from him, you understand what that player is good at and why he read the situation better than you did. You talk to them after the battle and get to an understanding on how best to work together as a team and learn how he'd like to be implemented in the next siege.

He's satisfied because he's playing how he want's to play, you're satisfied because its working for your squad. At the end of the day its just a game, I dont want to log on and take orders from a commander who doesn't reckognise my skills and doesn't know where my strengths lie. Commanders I sit with will have as much respect for me as I do for them, and won't force me to do things if I think its a bad idea.

In my eyes, this is what will make or break commanders in PlanetSide.