PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Spawn Tube Teleportation
View Single Post
Old 2003-01-30, 10:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
RageMaster
Corporal

Tobias thats a good idea, I was thinking along the same lines. A respawn time-penalty would be cool for suicides.

The problem I have with suiporting is the whole idea of soldiers grenading themselves in game as a means of transport, because it would look absurd. I mean, thats what they put things like warp-gates, vehicles, the HART and all the other cool modes of transport in the game for.

I'd much preferr to see re-inforcements drop in to defend a base by Galaxy then to have them all materialise in the spawn-pod room, instantly. If I'm having trouble holding a base with allies, and I put the call out for my buddies currently HART dropping in for a commando mission, I'd much preferr they say "Cant, behind enemy lines ATM" then say, "Yeah, I'll start grenading the squad, be there in 20 seconds".

Similarly if my buddies were only a few bases away, I'd feel happier with the game if they had to drive / fly over to the base. At least put me on edge for the two minutes I'd have to hold the control panel with depleted numbers. It'd look much more slick, and less like a game. Suiporting would detract from the level of realism you need to keep you absorbed.

*edit*
Also, Ludio, Im not talking specifically about continent hopping. Single continents have alot of area themselves, enough to make suiporting more practical than driving or flying (cuz you dont need any vehicles or spawnpods to get to the locations on your Matrix list). Suiporting would be a way of circumventing the pre-req of having to be in your base to get to other locations. You could be anywhere, and still be able to get to your binded locations. You wouldnt need to 'deconstruct', it'd render it obsolete.

-RageMaster

Last edited by RageMaster; 2003-01-30 at 10:41 AM.