PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Double Holster = me actually killing
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-23, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
There's a reason why the most realistic games never have dual wielding (Operation: Flashpoint, for example), because it ISN'T realistic. The only people who believe they can dual wield pistols are people who actually believe movies.

When you dual wield pistols, you're only supporting the gun with one hand. A normal pistol's recoil is great enough that you need BOTH HANDS to steady it. With only one hand steadying the pistol, you will get absolutely terrible accuracy.
Umm... no. And that, my little friend, comes from personal experience. What do you think they use in movies? Certainly not a plastic watergun. Those are weapons that fire black powder rounds or blanks - which are not as powerful as real rounds, granted, but they are close enough.

So, chronic masturbation hasn't given you the grip of a wealthy miser? I highly recommend that you buy some of the coil-grip hand strength builders, first of all. Then get a cheap set of work-out weights from Wal-Mart like you see joggers carrying around. They start at 2 pounds and go upwards... you should be able to comfortably develop a routine with two 5-lb weights within two weeks. Hey- given time, you might even be able to heft a ten-pounder in each hand and not break a sweat!!

I fire pistols one-handed all the time. What I *DON'T* do is fire enormously massive hand-cannons like I said the first friggin' time. You can comfortably wield a 9-mil one-handed. At the NSA's pre-deployment pistol certification course, you fire with both your dominant hand and your off-hand, because you never know what you're going to be doing. After the range is over for the day, if there's spare ammo, the federal cops let you burn ammo so they don't have to turn it in (thus meaning they don't get as much next time, meaning budget cuts). I take that opportunity to fire two pistols. That's actually par for the course at some pre-business trip check-outs for another agency nearby.

Loading is a serious bitch, though.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by Firefly; 2004-07-23 at 06:18 PM.