PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - OMFG... I don't think there's a jump!
View Single Post
Old 2003-02-06, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Validuz
Gnarus Necnon
Imperiosus

Originally posted by Strife
Err.... WHAT!?!?!

You have to get shot down for this, right here and right now.

Half-Life has won almost every award from every gaming magazine in the WORLD. Readers of PC-Gamer in the UK rated Half-Life as number one in the Readers Top 100 last year. Try and think how long Half-Life has been out and you'd realise that this is an enormous achievement by any game.
Half-Life, Counter-Strike and all its mods inclusive, is singularly the most popular game online ever. More people are on Half-Life servers than any other game currently.
If you're gonna say Half-Life is crap without the time to even justify your opinion to us, I say...

...In short: You are an idiot.

-RageMaster
(on Strife's account)
Well, I would respond with a couple slams... but instead I'll voice my opinions about Half-Lyfe and those type of games:

The reason games like Half-Lyfe suck, is because theres NOTHING to them. There's no real avoiding of firing except hiding around corners, and what's the point of that?!?! What skill is in getting the first second of fire on the opposing enemy. I have played it, with supposed "pros", and it only took me acouple hours of playing to fucking own at it. Basically, play cheap and carry an assault rifle, strafe around for the SPLIT second you're in a battle, and aim. Super-fucking simple... BASIC gameplay.

Only 10-16 year olds play them. <-- That in itself ruins the games.

Cheats run rampant (I know this because my best friend's younger brother uses em and I've seen him use them). Such a SHITTY engine that cheats can run around like headless chickens.

Another thing, every Quake game > Half-Lyfe