PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - yesh... an other comp (i promise, it is good)
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-16, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

I take it this is from a system maker?

Don't really like the MB that much bc I don't like Via really. NF3 would be better choice, but a 939/nf3 from Asus hasn't been annouced yet. I think Abit is waiting also, prolly for nf3 ultra chipsets to become more available.

The HD suxors. 250 gig Maxtor 8 meg SATA's were going for $149 this wkend out the door with no rebates.

Specs on ram? Name brand? Cas2? Timings? My guess is its crapola. Little to no chance of getting it to Cas2 with low timings or clocking up to 500mhz, which is what I would want with Hyper-Transport 1000 mb's.

X800 Pro... maybe if you plan to try flashing it, then yea worth a shot.

I barely see $1400 or so US worth of system here. So even in Canadian its a little off. Really, build your own damn system man!

Oh yea, with all the lewt you could save on building your own. Buy a Widescreen LCD. OMFG, who cares about your cpu, video card, etc. When your on your PC with a screen like this, nothing else matters. Mine is the best upgrade I've ever bought in my entire life. Makes every other component of the system pale in comparison.