PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - BFRs, The Stupidest thing since putting chainguns on a 4 wheeler?
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-30, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by MrPaul
I thought it was a mixture of the two?
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...ir=true#M48940

Originally Posted by Smokejumper
A few things:

a) The BFRs are rough and tough, but the comment made at the fan event was that "current balance" had them destroying a Vanguard in about 5 seconds. However, the context was that "current balance" meant "not yet balanced". The weapons that are on them *right now* (in-house) are overpowered. That's not the design that will occur in-game when we release the BFRs.

b) The process of "attuning" (later fiction will describe that process) is a one-time thing. So when you complete the requirements to become certed in BFR, you don't have to do it again later.

c) To qualify for the BFR cert, you'll need to participate in cavern base caps that generate a minimum amount of xp. So late-night base caps won't do anything for you...unless there are enough enemies present to generate a sufficient amount of base capture experience (using the same time-slice system as the larger facilities outside the caverns).

I copied down a lot of these CC improvement ideas. Good stuff. Thanks.

-- Dave.
Note that what Dave said was in response to a concern over having to constantly go down into the caverns to get keys. So it's a certainty that once you're attuned, it is indeed a one-time thing, and you no longer have to go down there to get anything related to BFRs.