PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 1337 5p34k 4pPr0v3D 4 teh GaM3
View Single Post
Old 2003-02-18, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Why has it become recently that the recruits are getting on the people who have been here a while??

We know about other games. Although it's interesting information, no one was enquiring about the databases. No one here cares about the backend of the operation. (Actually, as a programmer, I think it's cool, but I don't want the info from someone who hasn't even played the game, especially when it's obvious info like the database concept.) Give people some credit for not being idiots. We all know how other systems work. We're all gamers here. None of us should act like the other just got their first computer yesterday.

Now that you've told us to cut people slack (while insinuating that Navarone has no common sense I might add), let me explain something every simple to you. There is no longer a question as to the tags vs full names. If you'll notice, it's been addressed, it's done, over, fini. The question that is being asked, and one that no one knows the answer to since none of us have played this particular game, so don't pretend you do, is exactly how people will go about registering a clan ingame. That's all. We've all heard all about the way EQ does it. We've heard speculation about the number of members a group must have to register. We've heard all the speculation that there is to hear. My problem is when people who have only recently started posting here come in and act like they have facts about the game that the devs have not provided. Perhaps one of the ways that people are saying will be correct. Some of the ideas really make sense and seem to work well in other games. But the truth is that no one knows for sure, and I'm sick of people insulting my intelligence and common sense when they don't know any more about Planetside than I do.

-mistled

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time