PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Supreme Court takes gun case that will test reach of 2nd Amendment
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-01, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: Supreme Court takes gun case that will test reach of 2nd Amendment

Ever been to Arizona? I've seen people walking the streets with an M4 carbine strapped to their back.

The problem with gun crimes is that for the majority of the cases, it seems that they occur in areas where there are plenty of victims. IE, people who don't have their own. You'll not find many criminals willing to enter a home where they know the owner has weapons. And countless times, it has been proven that an armed person defending their home is a formidable force. Just recently, some medical student from Johns Hopkins defended his home against a burglar, armed with a fucking samurai sword. He cut the guy to ribbons, including severing the guy's hand or arm (I forget the extent). The intruder died of his wounds.

I live in an area where, whilst it's not a ghetto and whilst I feel safe and secure, there have been a series break-ins at our apartment complex. Largely, it's confined to people living on the ground floor and the top floor (access via forced entry to the attic and then kicking through the ceiling). It is well known that my housemate and I own an arsenal - when we moved in, we made absolutely no attempt at sheltering the populace from the view of a van full of weapons being unloaded - many not in proper cases, for that very reason. We also moved in a miniature Best Buy. Thus far, there hasn't been one attempt. I daresay it's because the Maryland Armoury is behind our door. I'm still daring someone to face down my Mossberg or .45.

The point that people continuously try to make, aside from "Guns don't kill people, people kill people", is that responsible, law-abiding citizens don't run about committing crimes - at least not with their weapons, at any rate.