PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So what do you want?
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-30, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Kumoblade
Corporal

Re: So what do you want?

I'm hoping they actually use a good developement platform for the game that has decent physics. (if they used Euphoria or Endorphin for Animation behaviors instead of prefixed animations, that would be incredible)

Some things that I'd like to see.

1 living, Breathing planet (not literally) at first With a weather and day/night cycle. It could be divided into Very large zones (10-20km) with very high flight ceilings (honestly, I'd love to be able to take out enemy satellites used for oribital strikes to assist in HQ/Sanctuary Captures)

Urban/city combat. Cities that stretch far into the sky. (preferribly the high tech, Cyberpunk kind, or metropolises like the ones seen in the anime "Metropolis") Flying between skyscrapers 2km off the ground would be incredible. And falling from a platform from that distance would be even greater =P

NO 2 BASES SHOULD BE THE SAME!

Freedom of movement (Goes with physics). No Magnets stuck to the bottoms of vehicles and people. why can't we barrel roll, do loops in a reaver/mosquito to evade attacks? Aerial Combat should take place much higher than what the flight ceiling allows. Flying around in planetside almost seems suffocating in some spots.

A sticky cover system. Some love it, some hate it.

A working economy and resources to improve/tweak your gear and vehicles. This would also give the factions a reason to fight.

To go with the Economy, There should be a somewhat hidden RTS element playing in the background. Faction based NPC harvesters should go out and collect resources. There could be outfit harvesters that could be driven by certified members to collect resources for the Outfit.

As well to go with the economy, Outfit rankings and levels which will determine what kind of allowance an Outfit will have. This allowance is what members will use to customize Gear and vehicles.

Semi-modular/Customizable Vehicles and items/gear that tie in with the economy and resources. Instead of purchasing stuff over and over, I'd propose that vehicle modifications and gear modifications would have an "upkeep" value that comes out of the allowance.

Vehicles should have Targetable locations and weak points.

Every Certification should have a Training course/challenge to go with it to get authorization for the Cert. A mission associated with the Certification that you want.

Great physic/Ragdolls with SOME blood and gore.

And get rid of Client Side Hit detection. Its horrible. Make a great network code and revamp. This is a high speed internet world.

3 Playable Factions + 1 NPC Faction of Pirates/Raiders who attack.

Last edited by Kumoblade; 2009-10-30 at 09:35 PM.